Insecurities

Options
sadmoody
sadmoody Posts: 6 Member
Why are you wanting to lose weight/What's the best/worst thing to call you or mention if you start slipping off the wagon? Tough love is still love.

I'm quite simple - just calling me fat tends to set me off.

Replies

• KevinToledo
    Options
    I mostly want to get to a healthy weight. My main issue is keeping with my program. I recently went back to see my dietitian and we decided instead of meeting with me every 6 months we will do a 6 month official meeting and weigh-ins every month. I was using another app (fat secret) we'll see how this one works. It was hard to see group stuff from the app. I guess I have more troubles keeping up with logging my ****. I need to copy my recipes into this app now. Here we go.
  • sadmoody
    Options
    Forgot to mention why I'm wanting to lose weight. I'm at an ok weight now, but looking to get healthier. In the low 70kg's at this stage but wanting to get to the low 60's. (160lb -> 130lb)

I've been going on runs and generally keeping more active than I used to.

Kevin, I haven't heard of fat secret but I used myfitnesspal to drop a fair bit of weight last year to get to a normal(ish) weight. What have you got it set to as far as weightloss every week? I think mine is set to 0.75kg (around 1.5lb) - anything more than that feels like I'm starving myself - I'd imagine you could easily get to 2-3lb a week.
  • KevinToledo
    Options
    I manually input a calorie count my dietitian recommended. 1800. The 2lb per week said like 2500 .
  • Fann65
    Options
    I went through a long rough past twelve months. Laid off, uncle died, fiance left me, fired from the next job i found, spent 5 months jobless, was evicted, had utilities shut off, family pressures, next relationship failed. So I drank until it didn't suck anymore and made a lot of unhealthy eating choices along the way. I put on almost 40 pounds. i am wanting to return to my previous form. I have a decent job (even though I hate it), it's paying the bills, found a roommate to help with rent and a cheaper place. Back in school so this can't happen again. I want to get back to my old confidence level and this is the last major obstacle to get back to myself.
    I am already my hardest critic. I don't need any name calling. Just help holding myself accountable. I will do this hardcore for about 3 weeks then just phase out. I have ADD when it comes to stuff like this. Help me stick to it and I'll help you!
  • KevinToledo
    Options
    Probably the best way to stay in the loop (at least with the mobile app) is to friend our group's members. Make sure your food diary is visible to everyone so we can yell at you for eating two burger king sandwiches for lunch (moody). And keep an eye on everyone else as well.
  • Holiace
    Options
    I want to lose weight because I was not born to be a fat guy, it does not suit me. I have a couple of problems. I am a weak *kitten* guy. 181CM, 84KG. I need to lose weight AND gain muscles. I have no idea how to do this so I'll probably flake in a day or two.
  • sadmoody
    Options
    Make sure your food diary is visible to everyone so we can yell at you for eating two burger king sandwiches for lunch (moody).

You're just jealous because I'm eating like ****, feeling full, and still losing weight :)
  • KevinToledo
    Options
    Yes. Yes I am.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
  • adam_roman
    Options
    I want to lose weight because I'm only 18 and I'm 350lbs. I don't look half-bad for how much I weigh, but I'd like to not look like a piece of **** anymore.
  • KevinToledo
    Options
    Good luck man. I'm just down to 360 lbs with a goal of 250 lbs. I wish I had all this cool technology to help me track calories when I was 18. You should keep up with it. Even if you have an off day make sure to come back to it.