dating blogs

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
I know plenty of us reading dating blogs/websites. What are some of your favorites and why? I always love hearing about new websites and blogs to waste even more time on.

Right now I'm reading Date By Numbers: http://datebynumbers.tumblr.com/ Prescott has been writing for years, and she chronicles her dating adventures, fashion choices, and answers tons of reader questions with advice I always agree with. I have a girl crush on her, and frankly if she's on man number 100 of her life, what hope is there for the rest of us? But she's awesome! I'm reading back on her blog, I'm on page 115 and got tons more to go.

The Dating Doctor spoke at my school when I was in college and he is awesome. http://www.datingdoctor.com/ He stayed after for an hour giving one-on-one advice to people and he's hilarious and real and honest...if you can ever hear him speak, I strongly encourage it!

Replies

• 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    i only read evan marc katz. i really like him. i started with his book " why he disappeared." and now i get his newsletters, emails, and read his blog. :-)
  • christine24t
    Options
    i only read evan marc katz. i really like him. i started with his book " why he disappeared." and now i get his newsletters, emails, and read his blog. :-)

I read him too! One of the other members on single peeps turned me onto him!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

Hey Christine-do you think I write any other dating blogs that you happen to read? :laugh:
  • christine24t
    Options

Hey Christine-do you think I write any other dating blogs that you happen to read? :laugh:

Hahahahahahhahaa I haven't come across any more but I'll let you know if I do! ;)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Baggage reclaim, Baggage Reclaim, Baggage Reclaim!!!
  • christine24t
    Options
    Baggage reclaim, Baggage Reclaim, Baggage Reclaim!!!

I will look it up!
  • marvelprime
    marvelprime Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Strangely, I read blogs & websites that contain opposite thinking from me. What I find is that when I subtract the rhetoric behind said sites, I can get some fundamental tips that work across the board.

Askmen & Mademan have some interesting takes, usually sometimes with focus on the PUA industry...what I lack in acquired knowledge I try to make up for by reading other perspectives. It's weird considering I'm old fashion, but my take is that I all ready know how I act and what to do there. Why not read opposing thinking to find some commonalities?
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I don't read any dating blogs, I didn't even realize that was a thing. I read The Bloggess, she's brilliant... also Hyperbole and a Half (when she rarely updates) and The Oatmeal.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    *disclaimer* There are certain pieces of advice on all these sites I griveiously disagree with, but still think they're good enough to read from time to time.

My friend's dad runs one I like called "Ask a Real Guy."
    I also like Evan Marc Katz.
    I like Rori Raye
    and there's one called "What women never hear"

There's a couple of PUA and general men's sites (like AskMen.com) that I sometimes peruse to get an idea of how men think.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Not a blog...but fairly new show on MTV called Catfish........people who fall "in love" online and then meet in real person---saw it yesterday and YIKES!!! Some people can be really thickheaded- to put it nicely..........
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Not a blog...but fairly new show on MTV called Catfish........people who fall "in love" online and then meet in real person---saw it yesterday and YIKES!!! Some people can be really thickheaded- to put it nicely..........

Why is it called Catfish?
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

Why is it called Catfish?

I have no idea..........