Think about what you are thinking about: Chapter 7

Options
Simple6
Simple6 Posts: 170 Member
Mark 4:24

24 And He said to them, Be careful what you are hearing. The measure [of thought and study] you give [to the truth you hear] will be the measure [of virtue and knowledge] that comes back to you—and more [besides] will be given to you who hear.

Hello My Dearest Ones,

This week is about being very conscious of what is floating in our minds. Taking stock of what we allow to be there. Recently, I was in my kindergarten class and it was rest time. I was sitting there, with the lights off watching Magic School Bus with the children. However, my mind was becoming more and more agitated as I thinking about my trip to Oregon and all the details. Now, to my logical self, it seemed normal to be thinking and really planning for the "what ifs." Immediately, my emotions began to follow my thoughts. I started feeling stressed and then I noticed my back was hurting. Then fear and anxiousness showed up. That's when the Holy Spirit stepped in. Miss Frizzle said loud and clear "This is no occasion for agitation!" Those words went from that cartoon character right to my heart. I was letting my heart become more and more agitated. John 14:1 says "Do not let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me" It is my job to be aware of the state of my heart. In this situation, although I knew the truth, I was not being aware of what I was thinking. I was following the logical path of thoughts. Only these thoughts lead to death for me instead of life. I repented on the spot and immediately my heart returned to peace. Repentance for me looked like this, "Lord forgive me for not thinking on those things which are honorable, worthy, lovely, pure and of good report. Help me to think as you are teaching me." In the next moment when the thought came to me, "What if the van breaks down?" I took that thought captive with this, "I know God is leading me to go and I know He will take care of me. He always supplies for my needs." This brought faith to my heart and allowed me to remain at peace, not agitated or stirred up. He helped me to think the right things. I know I am thinking the right things if my emotions are peaceful, joyful and full of faith. These kind of fruits are what I want produced in my life and evidence of His Holy Spirit.

It has been my prayer daily that the Lord would rule in my thinking. I usually invite Him to be the Lord of my life daily. This is mainly to remind me that He is Who I want to rule in my thinking, doing and being. For surely, I struggle so often with thoughtless thoughts that build wrong strongholds in my thinking. I am learning to hold my thoughts accountable. Usually, I feel something and that is my cue to check what I am thinking. As I am growing in this, I am amazed at how easy it is for me to get off track. Little thoughts here and there, that I do not take into account or I justify, accumulate and overwhelm me. The bad news is I am really great with negative flash flooding, when it comes to wrong thinking. The good news is, that means I have the capability to be very good at it in the reverse way. God's way. He will help me with this. I am learning to recognize the subtle thought that tries to open the way for the herd of wrong thinking and I immediately shore that place up with His word.

Also, I would like to draw your attention to something........why would Jesus tell them to be careful what they were hearing? Why didn't He say be careful what you are reading or saying? Hearing is vitally important to thinking. What we hear totally affects our thoughts, which affects our emotions and then alters our actions. Jesus knew this. He spoke about faith coming by hearing. On that day in class, I was hearing all the reasons God couldn't provide for me. I was telling myself them and I was listening. This resulted in bad tasting fruit for me....stress, aching back and unhappiness. Praise God He helped me out. God wants us to hear Him. He wants us to hear His Truth because that is the place of freedom for us. It was for me. Once I listened to His truth I was free from the fear and all it's fruit. I was free to have peace and joy about my trip.

My Friends, we have a choice what we think on, what we listen to and what we say. Each of these areas are directly related to what we are giving our attention to. I want to encourage you this week to take time to examine what you are thinking about. Look at how those thoughts affect your emotions. Something that really helps me is, putting my thoughts in two categories. Faith or Fear. Does this thought build faith? Or does it build Fear? That helps me identify which thoughts I need to take captive. God is always faithful to help with this. I really depend on Him helping me. I urge you to let Him help you too.

Hebrews 13:6 So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently and boldly say, The Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm [I will not fear or dread or be terrified]. What can man do to me?

Father, I just pray for my sisters as they are learning of you this week. I pray that you would be their Helper....

Help them understand what you want them to
Help them apply it to there lives as You lead
Help them notice the pesky thoughts that come to draw them into fear, confusion and despair
Help them to know what to do with those thoughts
Help them to know which thoughts to hang on to and which to let go
Help them give attention to You and Your word
Help them be encouraged and filled with faith
Help them know immediately when they are hearing something contrary to Your word for them
Help them discipline their thoughts and their emotions.
Help them let You reign in their thinking, doing and being
Help them to get their needs meet in You.
In Jesus Name, Amen.

!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS IS NO OCCASION FOR AGITATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now for a bit of housekeeping.....

This site is for us to grow together. I am facilitating it but it is the Lord Who is leading. Please have the freedom to comment and encourage one another. Or to post something different the Lord is speaking to your heart from our study. I can guarantee, that what you are learning is something we all need in some measure. I want to encourage you to ask the Lord what He would have you share and do so. This is not a competition in anyway. You measure up! What you have to say is very valuable and much needed. Truly, I have learned so much from each of you. Each of you is here because God lead you here. He wants you to learn and to share. To grow and to flow. I love the connections I see forming here. There is only grace, truth and love here. :love: You are so wanted, so valued and so loved! :heart:

Replies

• right2b
    right2b Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    One statement really jumped out from Joyce Myers: “Keep a “CAN DO” attitude. Stop thinking about what you don’t have and think about what you do have…GOD! God wants us to be free from bondage. Our thoughts prepare us for action, I agree with Joyce Myers…”Be careful how you think about yourself, about other people and your future. Because what you are thinking now is what you are going to live tomorrow.” Daily we are faced with decisions. Are you taking that to God? Are you taking the time to weigh your thoughts justly, fairly and balanced? Are you asking yourself…”What would Jesus think?” I find this the challenge…time to reason it through the word of God. We have become so use to the “to and fro” of worldly reasoning. What is the quickest way to the answer for the moment? You can Google it! You can call a friend! You can pull from the top of your head! Use academia, encyclopedia or Wikipedia. But open the bible and ask yourself…”Jesus, show me here in your word.”? Society is in a hurry. It takes too long to read the bible. (Funny, how we can search the internet for hours?) So, when we find ourselves in a difficult situation or need a practical solution what do we do? I say seek Jesus. Seek him out. In old biblical time…the crowds gathered to listen to Jesus speak. You can mediate on the word of God, if you don’t have the time to sit and read. The beauty of the Holy Spirit is that He is with you always. Unconditional. God is the author and finisher of our faith. Think about that. Think about what would Jesus think. Let the stillness in your heart answer your inner man. You will find Him when you seek Him with all your heart, with all your mind…with all your spirit. Open the word of God…and be blessed by what you read. He is the written word. He love us…that is what He is thinking. :heart:
  • Simple6
    Options
    One statement really jumped out from Joyce Myers: “Keep a “CAN DO” attitude. Stop thinking about what you don’t have and think about what you do have…GOD! God wants us to be free from bondage. Our thoughts prepare us for action, I agree with Joyce Myers…”Be careful how you think about yourself, about other people and your future. Because what you are thinking now is what you are going to live tomorrow.” Daily we are faced with decisions. Are you taking that to God? Are you taking the time to weigh your thoughts justly, fairly and balanced? Are you asking yourself…”What would Jesus think?” I find this the challenge…time to reason it through the word of God. We have become so use to the “to and fro” of worldly reasoning. What is the quickest way to the answer for the moment? You can Google it! You can call a friend! You can pull from the top of your head! Use academia, encyclopedia or Wikipedia. But open the bible and ask yourself…”Jesus, show me here in your word.”? Society is in a hurry. It takes too long to read the bible. (Funny, how we can search the internet for hours?) So, when we find ourselves in a difficult situation or need a practical solution what do we do? I say seek Jesus. Seek him out. In old biblical time…the crowds gathered to listen to Jesus speak. You can mediate on the word of God, if you don’t have the time to sit and read. The beauty of the Holy Spirit is that He is with you always. Unconditional. God is the author and finisher of our faith. Think about that. Think about what would Jesus think. Let the stillness in your heart answer your inner man. You will find Him when you seek Him with all your heart, with all your mind…with all your spirit. Open the word of God…and be blessed by what you read. He is the written word. He love us…that is what He is thinking. :heart:

Zoey,

I am wondering why it seems so much easier to think about what we don't have then what we do have? Naturally, my mind always wants to go to the negative, to the empty places. Joyce said, "Because what you are thinking now is what you are going to live tomorrow." What an impacting statement. Especially if my mind always wants to think on what I don't have, what I am not and fail in. This really hits home with me, thank you so much for sharing. Right thinking requires effort. It does not come naturally. It seems to me that I was born with wrong thinking but now as I am renewing my mind, my thoughts are being updated. In stead of just automatically going with "what Jenni thinks," I get the choice of stopping to apply His word to my situation. I get to, as you wrote, "Think about what Jesus would think." I so loved that you wrote that His thoughts toward us are love. Sometimes, my thoughts are so cruel and harsh toward myself. But Jesus is thinking, "I love you so much! Here let me help you with that." I am going to really be aware, this week, of letting my thoughts dwell on what I have in God. Thank you for the encouragement to do so. :smile:
  • Simple6
    Options
    Our God is a good God....yet, I often find myself focused on what I am doing wrong. This keeps me in a place of sin for too long. I need to readjust my focus to Him. As we go into this new week, I want you to see where you are thinking the right thoughts as well as noticing the wrong thoughts. Rejoice in the places you have made good choices. When you see the places that you have not, don't spend time there. Acknowledge and repent of your wrong choice but receive His grace to move on to make a better choice next time. He is faithful to help you monitor your thoughts. To help you bring your thoughts in line with His Word. His Grace is sufficient for us.

May your week be blessed!:love:
  • Percyjs
    Percyjs Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm reminded of the story of Moses that I studied yesterday....In Exodus 17, so long as Moses had his hands lifted, the battles were won...but when he became weary and let his hands fall, the battles were lost.

I believe the same is true for us. If we allow our thoughts to consume us, we will become weary....

Lifting our hands in both surrender and praise becomes what seems to be an insurmountable task when we are consumed with worry/resentment/anger/sadness :frown: ....but if we keep reading on in that chapter...we see that Moses had others around him to help.

We MUST stand with our brothers and sisters in Christ! We help each other! Where two or three are gathered....where our hands are continually lifted in surrender & praise to God.....there is the VICTORY!!!

Have a blessed week in Jesus name! :flowerforyou:
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Sisters in Christ: I am late into the games, as usual..but here goes:

"In what condition is your mind?"

To be VERY honest, I am almost 100% lead by my emotions. I act on them, and USUALLY come to deeply regret it later.
    My husband and I have been majorly attacked by demonic forces for the last 4-5 month's-
    told him the other day..NO MORE, I want OUT!!

Was that RATIONAL thinking? NO!!
    Did I remember the 18 months he held me when I cried, prayed over me in healing prayer, physically carried my fat self, washed me completely (yes, THERE too (:noway: ) fed me, washed my hair, blow dried it..tried to braid it..

No, All I was experiencing in the heat of the moment was EMOTIONS, where the devil has set up those stronghold's..and I snapped.

Later, I remembered the :heart: ONE:heart: I should have sought counsel with: Yes, :love: JESUS:love: !!

So, I willingly laid it at HIS feet, asked HIM to reveal the TRUTH, to guide me through this mess. I am not BIG nor STRONG enough for this burden.

But, what does this just one incident show about my though life?

To me, it shows I am not taking control over my own mind. I am still letting these emotions run the show. BOO! HISS!

Reading the chapter, it talks about "normal."

My experience with my Psychiatrist and Psychologist have both told me that there is NO SUCH THING as "NORMAL."

"Normal," is just a value of what SOCIETY puts on a certain set of actions.

But, I now realize that my thoughts>actions+behaviors that are unhealthy to myself and others.

AND, the FIRST place I should go, when feeling overwhelmed, is DOWN on my knees, PRAYING, to my GOD, ASKING for GUIDANCE, letting GO of the trouble, LEAVING it in HIS capable hands, NOT trying to snatch it back.

I WANT to lead a FOCUSED,
    GOD directed thought life,
    Constantly RENEWING it through daily Bible reading,
    with Fellowship with Godly women.

1 Peter 5v7: "Casting ALL your care upon HIM for HE careth for you!"<<<<<<<<AWESOME!!!!

Love all you Ladies..BTW, am starting on first chapter, and will be catching up. Will be posting on each Chapters thread..maybe, if you have time, comment please?

Thank you!
    Sis Nicolette
  • ccadroz93
    ccadroz93 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello, my sweet sisters.... well, this chapter was difficult for me. Not because I don't want to think about what I am thinking about, but I struggled with what Joyce was directing me to do when I do think about what I am thinking about.

Question #2b asks Why aren't most Christians living victorious lives? My answer was simple: This is not for me to know-I cannot judge 'why' or even 'what' is victorious for someone else. It just hit me really weird especially in referencing Mark 4:24; it just didn't fit the scripture for me.

Question #4a asks If you want to be successful and prosper in all your dealings, the Bible says you must...my response being: I, in and of myself, do not have the power to determine my success or how prosperous I will be. I am responsible for the foot work-the rest is up to God.

Question 6a asks What was King David's response to his feelings of depression and gloom? referencing Psalm 48:9 and Psalm 143:4,5. Reading all of Psalm 48 I saw no gloom or depression in it at all when read in its entirety. In Psalm 143 David is crying for the Lord to hear his prayers. The question being asked is What role does our mind play in our victory? All I could come up with on that one is "Humility". I know I must give anything I am seeking victory over to God or I will never be free of what ever "it" is. I tried to fix myself for a long time with a whole laundry list of coping mechanisms that did not work!!

Question 7a asks Why is renewing our minds so vital? Well, I don't know about any of you, but I am not the one who has renewed my mind!! Jesus said he had to go so that the Holy Spirit could stay to be our helper. If the Holy Spirit can take my groans and confusion and pray my needs to God for me on my behalf as I am told in the Bible, then I can only assume that He is also responsible for taking the garbage can that is my mind and as I am willing to surrender, He takes my cause to the Lord and it is HE who puts in the new- I simply make a decision to give up!!

One of my favorite scriptures though is the last one: Phillipians 4:8-Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. I love it because, again, I am reminded that working under my own power I can do nothing with the crap that goes on in my head!! When the file cabinet comes open and old pictures, fantasies, past experiences come flooding my mind, I have no choice but to lay them at the foot of the throne of my Father and ask him to relieve me of them-they are not productive for me any longer. The only positive thing I am able to pull from them is they bring me to my knees as Sis Nicolette reminds me. (love you Nic!!)

Ya, this was a weird chapter for me-I just kinda felt like it was being suggested that I have the ability to change my thought patterns or something. I don't believe I do, but I am convinced beyond any doubt that the Lord CAN and WILL when I surrender to Him and His will for my life.
  • ccadroz93
    Options
    I'm reminded of the story of Moses that I studied yesterday....In Exodus 17, so long as Moses had his hands lifted, the battles were won...but when he became weary and let his hands fall, the battles were lost.

I believe the same is true for us. If we allow our thoughts to consume us, we will become weary....

Lifting our hands in both surrender and praise becomes what seems to be an insurmountable task when we are consumed with worry/resentment/anger/sadness :frown: ....but if we keep reading on in that chapter...we see that Moses had others around him to help.

We MUST stand with our brothers and sisters in Christ! We help each other! Where two or three are gathered....where our hands are continually lifted in surrender & praise to God.....there is the VICTORY!!!

:bigsmile: This helped me so much to have a little bit different perspective!! Muchas gracias my hermana!!:bigsmile:
  • Simple6
    Options

Percy :love:

:heart: :heart: :heart: Love the tying in of Moses to this chapter. I had to go and read it. Here is what I saw. God had just provided water from the rock for the Israelites in this place of desert.....called Rephidim. In this desert place, they were attacked. This was Israel's first battle. This is the first mention of Joshua whose name can be translated to mean Jesus. God fought their battles with Egypt, but now they were commanded to chose choice men and fight. We are commanded to fight the good fight of faith. Moses was to stand on a mountain top with a staff. When His hands holding that staff were held high, the Israelites made progress. When they dropped with weariness, the Amlekites made progress. Aarron and Hur had to help. Sometimes, we need this kind of help. Moses wasn't prideful, denying that he needed help with holding his arms up but he allowed those men to help him. I love Moses' humility. I often struggle with receiving help, especially with things I think I should be able to do by myself. So I really appreciate this about him.

Moses is a shadow type of Jesus. It took the raising of Jesus' arms to give us the victory. He stretched them out upon the cross. Jesus has already paid the price for our victory over our "Amlek." No matter what desert place we are walking through(It actually might be a dessert plate :bigsmile: ) on our way to His promise land for us, we will face attacks. Yet, there is not one attack that God didn't know we were going face and even better, has included provision in His plan for our lives. God has given us the measure of faith...which is like unto the staff Moses held in His hand. When we allow Him to activate our faith, by us acknowledging the work of Jesus on the cross, it energizes our walks and we are able to receive the victory. When we call upon the the ones God has put in our life to help us, together we can do it. Just as Percy pointed out that we lift our hands in praise and surrender but also obedience. We also need each other. I am so grateful for all of you. I need your help to study this.

Here, the Israelite had no knowledge of how to fight a war but even in this God provided. We often are faced with battles in our thoughts that surprise us. Yet, nothing surprises Jesus. He knows what we need, when we need it. God has given us Jesus, Who ever lives to make intercession for us and who already stood on the hill with His arms stretched for our benefit. Jesus who has given us the Holy Spirit to help us. That help, for me looks like me taking the time to check my thoughts against what I know the word to say. Jesus has provided but it is my job to receive. I do that by faith. Faith comes by hearing His word. His word is the standard of measure I use to measure my thoughts.

So by faith, I am asking the Holy Spirit to help me do my part of this transformation process. I know for certain that it requires me to meditate on His word as much as possible. I know from experience that His word is the only thing that changes my mindset for His glory. I have no strength in my self.

Percy thank you so much for this.....I so enjoyed reading and meditating on this portion of scripture.:heart:
  • Simple6
    Options
    AND, the FIRST place I should go, when feeling overwhelmed, is DOWN on my knees, PRAYING, to my GOD, ASKING for GUIDANCE, letting GO of the trouble, LEAVING it in HIS capable hands, NOT trying to snatch it back.

I WANT to lead a FOCUSED,
    GOD directed thought life,
    Constantly RENEWING it through daily Bible reading,
    with Fellowship with Godly women.

1 Peter 5v7: "Casting ALL your care upon HIM for HE careth for you!"<<<<<<<<AWESOME!!!!

Thank you!
    Sis Nicolette

Dearest Nicolette,

I always love seeing your journey written out. Your words echo the cry of my heart. To God first and foremost. How I often struggle with this too. I know how hard these last weeks have been. I know what a victory it is for you write these words. Even with your heart broken, you are crying out to Him. You are letting Him hold you. As I am observing you walk through this process, you are encouraging me in my own life to Let God direct my thought life. You are still giving and blessing me and others. I love the faithfulness I see of God growing you. :heart:
  • ccadroz93
    Options
    ""So by faith, I am asking the Holy Spirit to help me do my part of this transformation process. I know for certain that it requires me to meditate on His word as much as possible. I know from experience that His word is the only thing that changes my mindset for His glory. I have no strength in my self."""

Yes, Jenni, this is so true isn't it??!! I love that God knows who I am going to hear his word through and how he choreographs everything perfectly!! I do not allow people to help me keep my hands lifted as often as I need to, but God is helping me there too. I just realized something today though...Our youth pastor texted me and asked me to help him cover some thing s saturday. Teddy and I are going to Florida on Sunday so I really have alot to get done before we go and since I am on night shift I am not getting enough sleep. Instead of saying,"sure, no prob!" I told him I could do the morning , but that I would need to leave by 2pm to get prep work done for our trip. I was so proud of myself for saying no to what would really have been a burden for me to do!! I was thinking positively about what I could safely accomplish and stated my needs in fulfilling the youth group's needs and it will not be an issue! WOW!! Imagine that!!

Since Teddy and I leave Sunday I am going to try to get our next chapter completed tomorrow or saturday...I know I won't be working on it in Florida!!

Love you sisters and thank you for ministering to me so faithfully!! God ROCKS!!!
    Christine
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to let you all know that I am still here and reading all your comments! I have to admit that I stopped reading the book at the end of chapter 6 - haven't yet found the time to read chapter 7, but I will, and will go on to chapter 8 too, and probably join in your discussions then.

I felt I should say hi though :-) and also a very BIG THANK YOU for all your prayers and your messages/words of encouragement to me. I am doing SO MUCH better right now. A bit of time spent alone with God has helped me gain some real perspective on things. I am grateful to Him for his love and tenderness with me - and to you all for understanding my silence and still continuing to pray.

Much love to you all,

Ali
  • Simple6
    Options
    :love: My Dear Christine,

I love that you said "No." Learning to say "No" at God's leading is just as important as saying "Yes" at His leading. I can really see that the Lord is helping you make wise choices.You are growing! That is excellent progress! :smile:

I also wanted to address your response to this chapter. Did you know that I greatly dislike fish? Yet it is so good for you. Maybe this chapter is your "fish." Something you had to read to discover what you thought about it. I love your honest heart. It is totally ok that you were not loving this chapter. Growth is a process, and we can trust Him with the process because He knows the end result. I have prayed about how to answer and that's just it.....Jesus is the answer. That might sound religious, but I know that you seek the Lord. I am sure you probably asked Him about how you are feeling about this chapter. He is so faithful, I know if He hasn't already answered you, He is. He wants you to know and understand Him.

This is my heart, I am believing by faith, that God is meeting you, and hopefully all of us, where we are and helping us to grow. I am believing God, for all of us, for the Lord to teach us in the way we should go. He has all the perfect answers, and is more than willing to help us understand. So, my friend, I trust the Lord that you are getting or not getting, exactly what He has for you. May we all become women taught of the Lord.

Safe journey, peaceful and joyful rest, with great communication and bountiful harvest of unity. :heart: :bigsmile:
  • Simple6
    Options
    I just wanted to let you all know that I am still here and reading all your comments! I have to admit that I stopped reading the book at the end of chapter 6 - haven't yet found the time to read chapter 7, but I will, and will go on to chapter 8 too, and probably join in your discussions then.

I felt I should say hi though :-) and also a very BIG THANK YOU for all your prayers and your messages/words of encouragement to me. I am doing SO MUCH better right now. A bit of time spent alone with God has helped me gain some real perspective on things. I am grateful to Him for his love and tenderness with me - and to you all for understanding my silence and still continuing to pray.

Much love to you all,

Ali

My Dearest Ali, :love:

How precious you are....silence is a lovely part of being human. Yes, we miss you, but you have the freedom to be silent. To grow as God is directing you. Although, we all greatly value you and your input. I encourage you to share as God leads. Just as you have been.

Here is a lovely verse about silence:

Psalm 62:5

5 My soul, wait only upon God and silently submit to Him; for my hope and expectation are from Him.

Silence is the place we quiet our emotions, our opinions and yes, our inner voices and wait only upon God. For me this a real challenge. I often have to say out loud to myself, "I feel very upset about this, but I choose to submit this emotion to the Lord and listen to His perception of this situation. He is helping me to put my hope and expectation in Him, because He is giving me what to hope for and expect."

I am so glad you are doing better. We will continue to hold you up in prayers and with love. You are part of us. We are all sisters in the Lord. :heart: You are much loved! :heart:
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    OK, so I am about 2 or 3 weeks behind you all - but I'll catch up :-)

I just wanted to post on this chapter, which I have been thinking on recently. Another of the books I am reading at the moment is One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. If you haven't read it, I so encourage you to get a copy. It is an amazing book and totally changing the way I look at things! Anyway, the basic premise of that book is to cultivate a thankful heart - to look around you and see the many blessings every day that God puts into your life. Then when I read ch. 7 of the B of the M book, once again I felt God emphasising the importance of that - thinking on the good things, noting them, speaking them out. Phil. 4: 8 tells us to think on whatever is good, lovely,... I have noticed that as I start doing this - making a point of noticing the little blessings in the moment and speaking them out, I cultivate a better attitude to everything.

Just thought I'd throw that idea out there. And do get hold of the 1000 Gifts book if you haven't yet read it. It's wonderful!

OK - more from me on other chapters soon!