Hi new here and to TurboFIre. :)

Options
MamaMaryC
MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
My name is Mary. I am 30 and from TX. I am a wife, mom of 3 (7 yrs, 5 yrs, and 1 yrs), and a full-time online graduate student. I have done Chalene's Turbo Jam for the last 5 years off an on. In July I started doing a mix of Turbo Jam and Zumba 5 days a week. I was getting bored and looking for a challenge when I heard of TurboFire. I got it a week ago and started it on Monday. I am head over heels for this program. I get to act like an entergetic kid running, jumping, and jabbing around the livingroom. Unfortunately, the whole holiday schedule change has messed me up and I don't like messing up on the 1st week. So I am restarting week 1 on Monday with more confidence. These schedule changes are rare in our home so I know this restart will be okay. I am dedicated to my healthy lifestyle so this restart is just a small blip for me. :)

I don't plan to follow her food guide. I already eat good portion of fresh fruits and veggies, no fried foods or soda, and plenty of protein. I also plan to modify her workout schedule to a 5 day a week workout. I am 2 lbs from target weight and do not want to lose past that. I don't know how to maintain yet seeing as how I have spent so long trying to lose. I started this weightloss journey at 207 and I am now 127 with a goal weight of 125. I was in a 16 now I am in a 4!!!! pant size. I used to wear 2x and now I am in a S!!! shirt. I have always been overweight. I in Jr High I was in an 11 pants and M shirt and weighed 133. So this is a big accomplishment for me. Growing up we ate junk, no fresh foods, and I was not encouraged to do anything that made me out of breath. I absolutely hated PE. :D Now I am in love with activities that get me up and moving, instead of sitting on the couch, at the dinner table, or computer.

I am thrilled to find this group and hope to get to know some of y'all. Good luck to each of you in your healthy living goals. :D

Replies

• jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary! Congratulations on almost reaching your goal! From what I understand, Turbo Fire is like a pumped up version of Turbo Jam (I never did Turbo Jam). My first few weeks on Turbo Fire I didn't lose a single lb. I did lose a lot of inches and gain muscle, however. Now I'm dropping 1-2 lbs per week. I'm on week 11 of Turbo Fire. I plan to stick with Turbo Fire until I get close to my goal weight, and then I plan to switch to ChaLean Extreme to focus on toning.
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :) I have done well with staying within my calorie limit over the holiday. Tomorrow I am going out of town to meet my brother in law's fiance's family. If that makes any sense. The family is cooking so I have no idea what to expect. I know I will be running the calorie gauntlet tomorrow. So I don't expect to see much change this week. I can't wait to see what next week brings when I can commit my usual 5 days to her workouts. Congrats on your results. I hope to see a few more inches lost in my tummy and thighs. Have you noticed any toning?
  • bmmcleod
    Options
    Hi, Mary. My name is Brenda. I have 6 kids, 5 of which are still at home. I'm 43 and have been actively working out with beach body programs since May 1, 2012. I started with 1.5 rounds of Chalean Extreme and loved it! I tried insanity for 3 weeks, but just couldn't get into it so I bought turbofire. It is great! I am 2 days into week 3 (I started on a Friday since I wanted Sunday as my rest day). I started at 143 pounds with a goal weight of 120-125. I am currently at 127 and haven't budged in over 3 weeks. This plateau is getting so frustrating! What is your calorie allotment for the day? I'm thinking that I'm not eating enough and have just upped my calories by 200/day.

I would love to have so turbofire friends to help keep me motivated!