new and looking for friends

Options
attocs
attocs Posts: 8 Member
Hi, Just started MFP about a month ago and am just now checking out the groups. With my wife, we have decided it is time to get in better shape. We are always looking for people to do stuff with. We are always crossing the Cheddar curtain in search of things to do. Music is our big love so we are always going to see live bands. Unfortunately going to see the bands means going to bars with bar food and booze. I will say the MFP has opened my eyes to how bad this really was.

As for what we are doing to loose weight that years of neglect have put on, we bought an elliptical, we have a walking route around our neighborhood that is exactly 2 miles and I am doing some old low impact aerobic videos (I am sure everyone would laugh if I said which ones) because my knees can not handle much more than that.

Come on and introduce yourselves. The worst thing that will happen is we get MFP friends and who knows, maybe make some new real friends.

Replies

• Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I consider myself a seasoned vet but it definitely helped with my weight loss. I live in the downtown Chicago area so if you need any advice or help just let me know! Welcome aboard and good luck
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey whats up. Welcome to adds as well.