December 15th virtual 5k sign up.

Options
vtmoon
vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
HEAR YE, HEAR YE! The Royal Order is happy to announce our first Virtual 5k. (Because the oarsmen are STILL grumbling) On December 15 th all Loyal members are encouraged to compete in the 5 k of their choice, walking, running, or rowing. It may be completed alone, or as a group, outside, or on a treadmill or rower. Report your successful completion to Brother Craig (cbeutler) and you will be included in the Official Proclamation of Success. ALL HAIL THE HAT!

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    adidas_obyo_js_bones_flintstones_1.jpg

Im In, getting new shoes just for the event. Yaba Daba Dooo. AHTH
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Great shoes Tony!

I decided to kick off my preparation for this event by running 10.52 km for a 1325 calorie burn. AHTH

In all seriousness I'd like to get in a ½ Marathon this week. I just found out they are having a Marathon here in El Paso TX in February. It'll be my first!

Got me some running shorts for the marathon!
    6f069bd140713e381cce6f8958d0e494.jpg

All Hail The Hat!
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm in! AHTH!!!
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I too am in. AHTH.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I'm very much so in! Thanks!
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am in.
  • Chris_2013
    Chris_2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in for a 5k walk. It's now in my calendar.
  • TheRoyalOrder
    TheRoyalOrder Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    here is a idea if you want to print it out and tape it to your shirt.

8258667673_cbc9e2ec45_z.jpg
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Im in for a 5k walk. Got it in the calendar.
  • BiggFanofLife
    BiggFanofLife Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Gentlemen,

All Hail the Hat!

I need a ruling.

I can't do the 5k on the 15th, I have plans for the day, but I don't want to miss this. Can I do the walk on the 12th and document it on my iPhone Run Keeper App and post the results?

Many of you know that when I started I couldn't walk a hundred yards without being out of breath and in pain. The longest I've walked at one time was 1.5 miles. I want to try this. I have printed the sheet out and will have someone take pictures.

What say you?
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Gentlemen,

All Hail the Hat!

I need a ruling.

I can't do the 5k on the 15th, I have plans for the day, but I don't want to miss this. Can I do the walk on the 12th and document it on my iPhone Run Keeper App and post the results?

Many of you know that when I started I couldn't walk a hundred yards without being out of breath and in pain. The longest I've walked at one time was 1.5 miles. I want to try this. I have printed the sheet out and will have someone take pictures.

What say you?

I vote yes!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Gentlemen,

All Hail the Hat!

I need a ruling.

What say you?

I vote yes, make sure you send the data to Brother Craig and he can include you in the proclamation.
  • teejayjancik
    teejayjancik Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Gentlemen,

All Hail the Hat!

I need a ruling.

What say you?

I would vote "Yes" as well. This is a crazy time of the year and to try to fit a 5K in maybe challenging. Why handcuff someone who is willing to undertake this challenge?
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I vote yes.

Maybe next time we have a Royal Order Virtual 5k we can have it as a virtual 5k weekend event. Participants can then do it either Saturday or Sunday.

Good luck everybody.

All Hail The Hat.
  • rwhawkes
    rwhawkes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am in. It may have to be a walk, but I will cover 5km on Saturday!
  • wolfjj79
    wolfjj79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this on Saturday! I'm used to jogging 2 miles so 3.1 shouldn't be too bad.
  • chesh1520
    chesh1520 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the big day, make sure you print your tags if you can and take pictures before or after to share.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the big day, make sure you print your tags if you can and take pictures before or after to share.

Hate taking pictures but I am very psyched to finish an "official" 5k walk tomorrow. Will be my first 5k that I will be doing in a group, even though its virtual group!