Weight lifting

Options
2»

Replies

• gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for all the information. I think I will look for a class in my area with a trainer to be sure I am doing it right. I am impressed when I see the photos of ladies that lift heavy. They look great & very feminine.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    New Rules of Lifting for Women or Stronglifts 5x5 are both excellent places to start. There is a ton of information about both programs on here and on the internet in general.

I used the machines at my gym for a few months to build a little strength before I moved on to free weights, and I watch YouTube videos for form before I attempt any new exercise.
  • juliesjuke
    juliesjuke Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good advice and info thanks.I have been using the strength machines at the gym also and want to start using free weights,but there are no instructors there at 4:40 AM, so i'll have to go in later in the morning and see one.Don't want to hurt myself by doing them wrong...:wink:
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I resisted :tongue: strength training like the plague even though I knew my body needed it. Finally in early November I started working with a trainer at my gym three days/week. I absolutely love it now because I love his technique. We started with low weights/three reps. He keeps changing up the routine so I never know what to expect. He already has me lifting heavier and performing in ways that I never imagined. He explains how to do the routine and he tells me why and what muscle groups are involved. We talk about nutrition and what to do before and after the workout so I'm not walking around in physical agony. I'm enjoying it, losing inches and enjoying the compliments. Start lifting ladies!!