The HOLIDAYS!

Options
Leigh_D
Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
So Thanksgiving has passed, and now we are Officially in the grip of "The Holidays!"

What is your plan for surviving all the "special" food?

:drinker:

Replies

• Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    There are so many temptations and "special" foods starting with Halloween candy, Thanksgiving Feast, Christmas (Hanukkah/Solstice/Festivus) parties, New Year's . . . . I am definitely going to partake, but I feel like I must be MINDFUL and MODERATE. I made it through The Holidays last year without gaining (and even shed pounds!), but that was a year ago and I was still early in the journey and almost any attempt at moderation was a step up from years past. This year will be more of a challenge!

Thanksgiving went well. I kept all of my daily meals (the new) "normal" and saved the "special" for the Thanksgiving meal. I cooked this year and made a few slight modifications to our traditional dishes. In a couple of the savory dishes, I used egg whites instead of whole eggs. In the pumpkin pie I used 2% evaporated milk instead of whole, and a couple of other things like that.

I anticipate that Christmas is going to be more of a challenge, because it's not just the one meal on the one day, but ALL the treats and sweets of the season. I am not sure what my plan is. Maybe I won't make any treats myself, and only have something at a gathering? Food for thought! (pun intended)