Christmas..what are you anticipating/dreading???

Options
2»

Replies

• Kitsada
    Kitsada Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    No dreading for me either, but I am a bit worried about myself and the eggnog. Not kidding. I'm not too great with temptation, as anyone who looks at my diary and sees the pumpkin pie debacle of last week can see.... lol.

Tis the season for eggnogy goodness... and with a nice dollop of brandy in there... omg yum yum yum.

I'll need to log one of those and see how it comes up. Probably pretty bad. I used to have a nice big one nearly every night in December though, in addition to whatever I was eating for dinner etc.

Any suggestions? Clever substitutes?
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I also love egg nog. We found a low fat one that is lower fat (obviously - lol!) and lower caloire but honestly the taste is still just as good.
    Also, what I would do is go into your tracker ahead of time and see how much it would "cost" and then factor it in. Maybe have it 1-2 times a week. As long as it fits you should be fine. :)
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I make chex mix every year for everyone to snack on, lots of it, and that will be tough for me to resist. Also love egg nog but have found if I don't buy it too early, I'm ok.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I cut my egg nog with 1% milk. 1 cup of egg nog = 380 cals. 1/2 cup egg nog 190 cals + 1/2 cup 1% milk 28 cals = 218. Add a little nutmeg and yum!
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to family time and being willing to happily pose for family pictures. Last Christmas I hid from the camera completely. ...
    Right now I am 7 pounds away from onederland and since I haven't been there since 1984, I don't want to delay my arrival because of cookies.
    That's me, too. I love Christmas and this year I don't have to endure my big rear end showing up in family posts on-line. The bread will have its same siren call but I now hear a different tune in my head. I am confident I can enjoy the holiday without those cravings ruining my hard-earned figure. Family is more supportive now that they see my results -- 43 pounds down from last year -- and I'm only 13 pounds away from my goal weight for the rest of my life.
  • right2b
    right2b Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love this time of year because of all the traditions and little holiday expressions of goodwill to others. The carolers that sing at the malls and in neighborhoods. The kindness of people seems to shine a little more during this time of year. Shops are friendlier and customers say nice things like "Happy holidays" and "Merry Christmas"...kids giggle and parents smile in anticipation for Christmas day! Holly wreaths, Christmas lights and warm apple cider...these are a few of my favorite things. Santa needs his cookies...so I will happily bake them and set them out! I will make my hand-dipped chocolates and truffles that get sent to family and friends. Most of my gifts are homemade and handmade with love...so, I will box them up and ship them out with lots XXXOOO on the cards! I am smarter now with having 6 months of MFP to help me log and make good choices. So...I will light a candle for all of us as we celebrate the holidays! :happy: