Day 1 check in

TinaBaily
TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
I'm psyched up for this challenge! Since joining MFP in April of this year I've found that these challenge groups really help me stay on track. I was embarrassed to even consider sharing my weight when I first joined, but now I'm proud of it. Please do not feel you need to share yours, if you don't wish to. It's just that I haven't seen this weight since before my marriage 24 years ago.

I'm a large framed 5', 3.25" woman.

Day 1: 152.5lbs
Goal weight for this challenge: 144.5lbs
Ultimate goal weight: 120 lbs

Alright! Let's get this losing party started!!! Woo!!!

Replies

• ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    I started yesterday and got on the scale this morning for the first time in months. I almost died. I've gained back 15 lbs that I worked hard to lose. Now I have to lose it AGAIN. I'm so mad at myself. I am going to lose 5-7 of those lbs by Christmas. I CAN DO IT!
  • fionamac77
    fionamac77 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi all!

I'm not to dissimilar to a few of you here having weight creeping back up after neglecting MFP for a while. This looks like a perfect challenege.

I am 5'7" and 160lbs
    Christmas goal: 153
    Ultimate goal: 133

Goals
    1. Keep up with my run schedule (including cross trainng sessions) - today was day 1 (2miles) of half marathon training
    2. Cut the sugar as much as I can
    3. Log everything
    4. By Christmas hoping to have lost 7lbs by achieving above goals

Today I have had a porridge and almond milk breakfast and for lunch I had scrambled egg with spinach, tomato and chilli flakes with a slice of toasted granary bread.

WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    HI :)

Well, I don't wanna say my weight, but I can say I've gained back 7 lbs in the last month in a half, bc of not logging and fast food and night caps!!
    I'm more determined than ever! Ughhhh!
    Ready to start off right! I'd like to lose 10 lbs this month. I don't know if thats possible, but its def what I'm working towards.

Goals~ Work out EVERY DAY. (I'm mixing 30 DS with C25K)
    No more nightcaps. Alcohol is the devil right now lol
    WATER, Water Water!!
    Sleep, Sleep Sleep!!
    Back to healthy/clean eating. NO FAST FOOD.

Good luck to everyone!! :)
  • Good morning everyone!

HEIGHT: 5'-3"
    WEIGHT: 167.5lbs
    CHRISTMAS GOAL: 165lbs
    FINAL GOAL: 150lbs

1. LOG EVERYTHING- I try to do this already...I have trouble logging on the weekends, so I will focus on that.
    2. DRINK MORE WATER- Typically I drink 2 glasses/day (if I'm lucky...) I NEED TO DRINK MORE
    3. SNACK HEALTHY- When I snack, I need to eat healthy and clean foods instead of junk

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!
  • MrsBiscoe
    MrsBiscoe Posts: 177 Member
    I started this morning with Buns of Steel Step workout for 30 mins. I feel good after the workout and drinking water.Good luck to everyone. How is the challenge keeping track of the exercises.
  • jcoco
    jcoco Posts: 143 Member
    I sooooooooooo need to get back into dieting after Turkey day. This is the time of year where I usually just say "screw it" & eat at will through Dec. 31st. Not this year, I am determined to lose weight instead of gain!

CW= 180
    Christmas loss= down 5lbs
    GW= 165
  • HRSNelson
    HRSNelson Posts: 10 Member
    Hello I want to start off by saying I did get my morning walk in this morning!! Way to start the first day off considering I haven't done a morning walk in 6 months. Ready to do this!!

current weight: 240lbs
    goal by Christmas: 230lbs
    Overall goal weight: 140lbs
  • ladytxn
    ladytxn Posts: 97 Member
    Looking forward to this!! Thanks for getting it started....

Me:

I am 5'7" and 164 lbs - up 4 from Turkey day.. :(
    Christmas goal: 155
    Ultimate goal: 140

Goals~ Work out EVERY DAY. I alternate running / lifting
    Limited Alcohol - Parties only and then only 1-2 glasses of wine.....
    Back to healthy eating.

Good luck !! :)
  • Hey everyone!

I'm 5' 2.75"
    I haven't weighed myself in a while, since it's a trigger for some of the mental health problems i have, but I'm going to start weighing every day starting December 1. But I'm guestimating my weight to be around 145.
    My goal by Christmas is as close to my ultimate goal as possible.
    My ultimate goal is 130 lbs.

Goals: Working out every day. This means pilates and 30DS.
    Eating more healthily. Fewer muffins.
    Be nicer to my body and mind.
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    CW: 165.2
    Christmas Goal: 155
    GW: 140
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    HEIGHT: 5'5

WEIGHT: 163.9 lbs

CHRISTMAS GOAL: 158lbs

FINAL GOAL: 140-145lbs
  • fitpam90x
    fitpam90x Posts: 197 Member
    Hey guys, super excited to be doing this with all of you! This is the first group challenge I have been a part of on MFP and I'm determined to make every day of the next moth count!

Day 1:
    5'8
    Current Weight: 150 pounds
    Christmas goal: 144 pounds
    Ultimate goal weight: 138 pounds

Day 1 is going really well, no excess snacking which I know from my past logs I always had such a big problem with. Hopefully it will stay like this!

Goals for challenge and the future:
    No unhealthy snacking, even if it would still get me under my calorie goal. Completely clean eating!
    Get more workouts in! Something I really don't have a lot of time for during the week days with school but going to be trying my best to at least hit the gym 3 times a week!

Super excited, let's do this guys! :drinker:
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Hello!

I'm looking to drop more inches than anything. I currently wear a 33,5" waist and have a bunch of nice jeans in 32" that I'm eager to fit into for the annual family holiday get together.

Challenge start weight: 71kg
    Christmas goal weight: 67kg
    Ultimate goal: 61kg

So I'm looking to drop 8,8, or just about 9 lbs. I'm confident that we can all reach our goals!
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Good evening!
    Day 1 was a good day healthy living wise!
    Breakfast- Fruit n yogurt parfait and diet soda from McDonald's. Didn't eat much of the fruit since it was frozen solid.
    Lunch- Water; Turkey chili with a baked potato and shredded cheese. I work in a cardiac hospital, so it's all "heart healthy". Ate about half of the chili but it was on the potato.
    No time for a snack today. :( Work was wayyyy too busy!
    Dinner- We got off of work late. We stopped by K&W cafeteria for dinner. It was between that and a super yummy burger place, but I knew I could make better choices at the cafeteria. I got broiled fish, macaroni and cheese (ate half), yams (ate half), and pumpkin pie (ate all of it). Water.
    Snack: Tried the apple cider k-cup. Only drank half- it's fake sweet and not good.

Good: I'm under my calorie goal, I planned ahead and I drank a ton of water. I didn't get dedicated exercise but I worked my tail off at work today and DH and I walked into work instead of riding the bus from the parking lot.
    Ok: Coulda made better choices at dinner, but I'm ok with what I made.
  • Day 1 went well. First day back to working out and logging food. Under calories but off on macros. I have to up my protein tomorrow.
    Did okay even with stress. Downing water tonight to reach that 110 ounce goal.
  • Caguppie
    Caguppie Posts: 53 Member
    The past 30 days were pretty pathetic so this is for redemption. Ha! I did have a surprise this morning when I weighed in for the first time in weeks and managed a 2 pound loss. I needed that motivation to go on.

My Day:

1. Log food & exercise daily
    > yes
    2. Stay at or under calorie goal
    > yes
    3. Under 30 grams sugars daily
    > no 35
    4. Lose 1 or more pounds (any loss would make me happy at this point!)
    > TBD
    5. Meal planning at home (veggies & protein!)
    > yes
    6. Do some kind of scheduled exercise every day.
    > headed out for a walk with the dog right now :)
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Hello everyone!

My goals for the challenge are to do SOMETHING everyday, even if its only 15 minutes, and to eat better.

I have a side challenge going with my daughter to do 60 miles by Xmas..I've only got 19 so far! :noway: So, my two main goals for this week are to get my miles in, and to get in my glasses of water! :drinker:

I will adjust my goals every week as we go on.

Have a great Tuesday! :flowerforyou:
  • Hi all,

Woke up early and was finished with level one and in the shower by 6:10! Too humiliated to state my weight, but would love to lose some inches by christmas. Love knowing we all are doing this!

Karen
  • carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Hi guys,

Forgot to weigh in yesterday so did it first thing this morning.

Starting weight: 149.5 lbs
    Xmas goal weight: 143.5 lbs
    Ultimate goal weight: 140lbs for now then see how I feel then.

I'm 5'7 and big build.

My goals for these 30 days:
    - log everything, every day
    - drink 2l water per day
    - cut down alcohol and include it in my days log!!

Good luck all, lets do this!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Hello Ladies,

Nice to be surrounded by so many beautiful women.

My starting weight: 192

Christmas weight: 187

Goal weight: 180

This is going to be tough but I am up for the challenge.

Feel free to send me a friend request.

We can do this!!!!

Herb