Dec challenge anyone?

Options
So in the Fit for Future Families thread we used to do challenges, I don't so much see that here. Anyone downs?

I'm not thinking anything extreme but everyone pick something to commit to, post it here and give @ least weekly updates. No judgement just a little accountability, I know it's easy to get out of control during the holidays.

Replies

• EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    So, for me i'm thinking:

@ least a serving of veggies and fruit each a day (I know that's weak but I've been struggling with veggies so I just need to get back on the ball)

Walk 2 miles a day at least 4 times a week

10 glasses of water a day.....

I think that's it for now, if anyone else has good things I may add them :)

ETA: do my physical therapy workout at least 2x a week outside of PT
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Oooh good idea!! I'm going to try to limit my sweets intake to once a week! ;)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I am going to work out 3x week. I am going to make sure I get my fruits and veggies every day.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I'm down.

I'd like to work out at least 3x/week. I was so awesome about it pre-pregnancy, and then I got exhausted :frown:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I'll have to think of something outside what I normally do (30+ mins walking per day and sticking to my calorie goals).

I'm down though! Great idea!
  • amchha
    amchha Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Im down!

I want to walk 5x week for at least 30 min, stick to my calorie goal, and cut way back on processed foods.
  • speshell4
    Options
    I am in.
    I will eat my veggies. ( I have been having such a hard time with this)
    I will exercise at least 3x a week. I have no energy, but I will force it.
    I will drink more water.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

@ least a serving of veggies and fruit each a day (I know that's weak but I've been struggling with veggies so I just need to get back on the ball)

Girl, you wanna hear "weak"? I read through these and thought, "Maybe I should limit my ice cream intake to just once a day." Lol. Sadly, I'm not sure I can do it! Y'all are inspiring me though. I'm going to think on this and see if there is something I can seriously commit to...
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Count me in....I will exercise at least 3 times per week and at least two of those days will be lifting. I am cutting down on refined carbs (although that is all I seem to want lately) and I am going to force myself to eat more protein/veggies. One serving a day for now is what I will promise....this is coming from someone who ate clean and super high protein prior to baby. I feel like my body has been taken over by an alien, lol!
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've decided to commit to the following:

No ice cream until after I've had 5 servings of fruits and veggies. If I don't meet my veggie minimum, I don't eat ice cream. Try to limit ice cream consumption to once a day.

Some form of exercise every day for at least one half hour--some days walking the dog for 30 minutes is going to count as that exercise.
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've decided to commit to the following:

No ice cream until after I've had 5 servings of fruits and veggies. If I don't meet my veggie minimum, I don't eat ice cream. Try to limit ice cream consumption to once a day.

Some form of exercise every day for at least one half hour--some days walking the dog for 30 minutes is going to count as that exercise.

The good new is, you could pile your ice cream sky high with berries & bananas, etc... YUM! And it takes care of a few fruit servings for you!
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Here are mine:

1. Sweets indulgence only 1-2 times per week (e.g. my small M&M Blizzard from Dairy Queen)
    2. Keep carbs at or below 200 grams/day
    3. Keep protein at or above 100 grams/day
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    - Mine is def try and take at a 30 min walk at least 4 times a week
    - need to drink more water and
    - try and eat better (been eating a lot of the quick and easy stuff that I hate since still wrestling with some pretty bad morning sickness)
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    Has anyone gotten a head start? I've been trying to at lest start getting fruits and veggies in now so that by the end of the week it's easy
  • TLCEsq
    Options
    I'm modifying mine a bit... now that I am on steroids (which raise blood sugar) and I'm at risk for GD, I am going to try my darndest to NOT have sweets (I've done it before but not while preggo) and keep my carbs at or around 150 grams/day as much as possible.
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    I think my December challenge will be a little different but still 'healthy'. I want to be in bed by 10pm every week night until December 24th. I was last night and it makes SUCH a difference!
  • TLCEsq
    Options
    I think my December challenge will be a little different but still 'healthy'. I want to be in bed by 10pm every week night until December 24th. I was last night and it makes SUCH a difference!

This is a good goal, I feel my best when I go to bed between 9-10 and if I don't, I pay for it! Sleep during pregnancy is very important :-)
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    Amen!
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    I think I should do a similar challenge wicked
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Well today's the day for the December challenge!! I will be having sweets today but I'm going to try not to have anymore till next Saturday. Good luck you guys!