the text said that sucks...my picture :(

Options
kansasbelle
kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
The last text I had sent to him was a picture of me and my mom. He was on me like white on rice prior to that. I said I was curvy. I'm a 16and don't even shop in the plus size section anymore. He said he liked curvy girls that didn't look like 12 year old boys. DD's keep that from happening for sure. :( It really killed me. It's so hard to find dates here in Kansas and that was just so mean. Made me cry. Why didn't he just not text me at all.

I was only looking fora date for the end of the world next month LMAO :flowerforyou: I guess I will die all alone in Western Kansas. There loss. I am darn good catch. Look in my late 20's... sweetest Southern Belle you'll ever meet. I work in Social services and have a heart of gold and the right man in time would discover my wild streak. lucky them. What happened to patience y'all or simple kindness.

Do no men like girls that are a work in progress? That wear their curves well?

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Men can be heartless, then again so can us women. I am sorry he hurt your feelings. If it makes you feel any better, I have gone from a size 32 to a 10, and I get told I am fat.

Hang in there. Someone who can appreciate you for you will embrace you and all your curves. Remember though, online dating, thick skin is required.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Remember though, online dating, thick skin is required.

This.

Online dating is OK, but I've always had better luck meeting people at bars or through friends.
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    he responded " that sucks" to your picture?????
    that's awful. i am so sorry!!! i have had guys stop texting or whatever after receiving a picture from me, but never said anything hurtful or hateful.

there are men that will like your " in the works" body! it just takes time to find them. guys are SOOOOO driven by what they see, it's kinda sad actually.

((((HUGS))))
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Darling,

Some people (men or women) are just not kind. He may have had a different definition of curvy however.. and it is his right to have those definitions and natural preferences. People do. The response you got though - tells you exactly what kind of "man" he is. Would you have wanted him anyway? Uh uh. Truthfully, he probably saved you a great deal of trouble and heartache.

I am a size 16/18 and get considerable attention these days. It may have more to do with confidence, honestly. I openly acknowledge that I am working on my fitness, but don't make apologies for it, or talk up other features to compensate. I'm just me.

I have had the odd person I met on line discriminate size wise..so I actually think it is easier to meet people in person. The less you can text also.. the better.

Regroup. Focus on you. Get your confidence back. And wear something tight and more low cut to show off the girls. That always works for me.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. You met online, yet he hadn't seen your picture yet? You then were communicating with him and told him you were curvy? And then you texted him a picture of you and he responded with "that sucks"?
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Regroup. Focus on you. Get your confidence back. And wear something tight and more low cut to show off the girls. That always works for me.

:laugh: love your attitude SB!! :heart:

OP - do NOT let some poor excuse of a bloke off the internet have ANY influence in your life!! All those douche's do, is get off on upsetting women. How dare he!!!!!! I'm thoroughly appalled by the treatment some people (yes, women can be bad too) give out and I can only hope they rot in their lonely hell!!

Pick yourself up and go flaunt your bod to the world :flowerforyou:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    there seems to be a disconnect between what men consider curvy and what some overweight women consider curvy. unfortunately for some women, curvy is just a better sounding euphemism for overweight.

real talk from my guy friends is that when they see or hear the word curvy they are thinking beyonce, christina hendricks, j lo. christina seems to get a pass because her waist size is so ridiculously tiny compared to the rest of her, but in general having big boobs doesn't make you curvy, neither does having a big but unless there's also a tiny waist to go along with that. beyond that, overweight is just overweight.

sorry that you got your feelings hurt, but I'm not going to hate on the guy. physical attraction is a HUGE must for me in terms of dating a guy (along with other things of course), because i can't make out with or fool around with anyone i'm not physically attracted to. from what i understand many guys are the same way.

not everyone develops a physical or sexual attraction to someone based solely on their personality and goodness of their heart. sounds like this guy is one of those people.

i wouldnt feel bad about it, just look for someone who is going to appreciate you the way you are now
    Why didn't he just not text me at all.
    would you have wanted that ? or would it still end up being a post created trying to speculate what happened to him?
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I just don't respond if there is no picture. What this guy did was rude. I don't know a polite way to say I'm sorry but I don't find you attractive. Getting a picture and then poofing seems impolite too.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Poofing is the way to go in this situation. There's no need to say "that sucks" or anything, that's just rude.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am sorry, that was rude of him. Also, I would suggest putting a pic of your whole body on the website you are on, so you don't have to go through this again.
  • kansasbelle
    Options
    He had several pictures it was just the one of me and my mom.... He actually sawa full legnth picture taken this week and said I was sexy... so...that's what got me..maybe he thought I would look like my 66 year old mom...
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Im gonna tell you what my Mom told me.. You will have to kiss a LOT of toads to find your prince.
    Dont take other peoples opinions of you to heart. Its how you feel about yourself not them. I know its hard. You know my situation, the best you can look is full of confidence no matter your size. It all it took was a photo to chase him off then you are better off to have him gone than to be thinking there could be something.
    Relax dont be in such a rush to find someone. Find you first, make some more friends, male and female to just hang out with. The rest will follow... :heart:
    For what its worth I think you are beautiful inside and out.. :flowerforyou:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry this happened to you! I have been there… it hurts…

Unfortunately, like meshashesha20’s quote below, a lot of guys hear curvy or DD and automatically think of a tiny curvy girl. Even when men see full body pictures of me before we meet, I still get comments like “I thought you’d be smaller.” It hurts, but at the same time I realize it’s because I have a great shape and they’re not used to seeing a bigger girl be so shapely.

Hang in there and don’t let losers like this get you down. He’s got the problem, not you.
    there seems to be a disconnect between what men consider curvy and what some overweight women consider curvy. unfortunately for some women, curvy is just a better sounding euphemism for overweight.

real talk from my guy friends is that when they see or hear the word curvy they are thinking beyonce, christina hendricks, j lo. christina seems to get a pass because her waist size is so ridiculously tiny compared to the rest of her, but in general having big boobs doesn't make you curvy, neither does having a big but unless there's also a tiny waist to go along with that.
  • kansasbelle
    Options
    I have this picture up there and another that shows my curves..I have a an hourglass figure and am proud of it. I worked hard to get where I am. I think I look good.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

real talk from my guy friends is that when they see or hear the word curvy they are thinking beyonce, christina hendricks, j lo. christina seems to get a pass because her waist size is so ridiculously tiny compared to the rest of her, but in general having big boobs doesn't make you curvy, neither does having a big but unless there's also a tiny waist to go along with that. beyond that, overweight is just overweight.

sorry that you got your feelings hurt, but I'm not going to hate on the guy. physical attraction is a HUGE must for me in terms of dating a guy (along with other things of course), because i can't make out with or fool around with anyone i'm not physically attracted to. from what i understand many guys are the same way.

not everyone develops a physical or sexual attraction to someone based solely on their personality and goodness of their heart. sounds like this guy is one of those people.

i wouldnt feel bad about it, just look for someone who is going to appreciate you the way you are now
    would you have wanted that ? or would it still end up being a post created trying to speculate what happened to him?

I agree with this, 100% and thankfully someone wrote it before I did because I was agonizing how to be PC with it.

Probably the only thing that I disagree with is that he was incredibly rude in response. There is a tactful way to respond (or not respond at all).

I definitely have a problem when overweight/obese women claim they are "curvy" "Shapely" or "voluptuous" because it is clearly and intentionally misleading.
  • sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Gotta admitt this guy wrote a blunt/yet awesome response, he's being upfront about what guys like...he apologized for the guy that was a total d-bag for hurting your feelings...and he even pointed out that if the aforementioned D-bag would've just "not replied" that your feelings would still be hurt bc in your heart you'd know there was something about you that the D-bag didnt like....bottom line he's not the right guy for you and he def doesnt deserve anymore of your thoughts.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I have this picture up there and another that shows my curves..I have a an hourglass figure and am proud of it. I worked hard to get where I am. I think I look good.

I do too...so do a LOT of people... many folks who only know me from online pix think I look phenomenal.

BUT I can't bury my head in the sand.

When guys see my pictures, they aren't expecting me to be size 16 and 180 pounds. Girls who are shaped like me are usually size 6/8 130 pounds.

He didn’t need to say hurtful things. He could have poofed or just say he’s not interested. But he is a jerk. He was rude. And, unfortunately, if my experience is anything to judge by, he is all too common.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

Gotta admitt this guy wrote a blunt/yet awesome response, he's being upfront about what guys like...he apologized for the guy that was a total d-bag for hurting your feelings...and he even pointed out that if the aforementioned D-bag would've just "not replied" that your feelings would still be hurt bc in your heart you'd know there was something about you that the D-bag didnt like....bottom line he's not the right guy for you and he def doesnt deserve anymore of your thoughts.

hey! i'm a girl (shakes tatas). i guess the gun pic makes it seem like a dude.:laugh:

but i definitely think it's a no win situation in terms of how to respond. either he says thanks but no thanks or he doesn't reply either one can be taken badly and either one makes him seem like a shallow douche.

i agree with the person who said to include a current full length photo. i describe myself as overweight but i've had guys tell me that they dont consider me overweight (which could be a load of crap) but it's easier to just have some full body shots and let them decide individually.

also dont let it knock your self esteem. one person's too large is another person's just right is another person's too small.. :flowerforyou:
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I would have replied "what sucks?" If he's already seen a full length shot then it seems like a weird response. Like maybe he texted the wrong person because he was having two conversations and the other person lost their job or cat or something.
    If it was because he didn't like your pic then he is rude. You are more than a picture and unfortunately that's all you have to base attraction on if you haven't met in person. Try not to take it personally.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I would have replied "what sucks?" If he's already seen a full length shot then it seems like a weird response. Like maybe he texted the wrong person because he was having two conversations and the other person lost their job or cat or something.
    If it was because he didn't like your pic then he is rude. You are more than a picture and unfortunately that's all you have to base attraction on if you haven't met in person. Try not to take it personally.

I was just thinking that actually. It's kind of a strange response. Or maybe he was joking because he wanted a nekkie pic and you weren't ponying up?