A Very Unexpected NSV

Options
MKLAMAN
MKLAMAN Posts: 84 Member
So one of the benefits that I've experienced of dropping 63 lbs is a tremendous increase in my sex life. I would venture to guess that I'm a bit more appealing to my wife and I seem to have quite a bit more stamina than ever before. That said, my NSV (If you can call it that) is that I'm going to be a dad for the 4th time. This time was definitely NOT PLANNED. I'm 38 years old! My wife is 37! I'll be 39 when this baby comes along. Those of you who I've become fairly close with will know that I already have 3 daughters - 10, 8, and 4 (almost 5) so we'll have a newborn just as my youngest starts Kindergarten. I'm conflicted about how I feel about this right now. Of course I'll love this child and of course I'll treat this child well and bring them up with as much love and care as their sisters have experienced. I feel guilty though that I'm not very happy about it. I feel guilty that I'm very much hoping now for a son and fear I will be extremely disappointed if it is another girl. Not that I won't come to love another baby girl, I would NEVER trade the three I have for anything in the world. I'm scared for the health of m wife and the baby as she is considered higher risk. So yeah, it's been kind of a crazy week.

Replies

• cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. What wonderful news.
  • onemeanman
    Options
    Outstanding news!! Best NSV I have ever heard! Congrats brother!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Congrats Mark that is awesome.
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. That is wonderful news. Start working on a baby harness for the zip-line. :laugh:
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That is great, congratulations.
  • teejayjancik
    teejayjancik Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Mark! Every child is a gift from God. My wife and I had our last child when she was 40 and I was 39. She did great! No matter what I believe you two will be great!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Mark, that is fantastic news. You will have the child you are supposed to have, and I know you will be thrilled either way.

Becoming a dad again is always scary and brings up all kinds of emotions. Don't feel bad about them. You are honest about them, and that is a great thing.

All the more reason to be happy with the better health!

stud!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Congrats Mark! I was wondering what you've been doing instead of the weekly commish notes in FF :laugh:
  • DerekG79
    DerekG79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wow dude. This is awesome though! Congrats! So cool.
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the good news! I was 40 years old when I found out I was gonna be a father again. And this was with having a 17 year old son at the time. I could have made a better choice in mothers, but such is life. Of course the lady I am married to now is a great mother to my son.
    You have a great looking family. And you need a son to help offset all that estrogen free flowing in that house! LOL! Congrats again my man!
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    For some reason one of the side effects of sex is children. The vet can help ya out on that one my man! lol Just wait till all them girls hit puberty, you are going to have a BLAST!! Congrats my man!!
  • Chris_2013
    Chris_2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I was 39 when my second (and last) daughter was born. I can still say I had my kids in my 30's! I wish my wife and I had started earlier because we both would have had more but I dont want to retire with teenage daughters still living at home! :)
  • MKLAMAN
    MKLAMAN Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well we had the wife's first OB appointment and were lucky enough to hear the heartbeat. Doc says everything is going great.
  • mjkpe
    mjkpe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is great news and I too have noticed an increase in the other area. without getting too visual my arthritic knees and lack of stamina is no longer an issue. Hmm. I wonder if I should wear my HRM next time! :laugh:
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Man, I was scared Sh%tless when each of my daughters were born, and each time I held them, for the first time, it was like a light switch was turned off, all the (initial) fear was gone. Then I had the fear of, holy crap I have daughters, I’ve got to get to the gun range. Being worried just shows you care. So enough of that part, lol.

Congratulations, on your next daughter, lol. and on the NSV. Fire up a cigar and enjoy your victories.