keep on keeping on

Options
I have never really eaten my total calories for the day when I am really paying attention to them. I look over my food choices for the day and I think, wow! That really is a lot of food...I did something the other day, I took a 'normal' day and wrote down everything I would eat in that day...it was well over 5000 calories! I thought to myself WOW! that is what I do mindlessly all day...eat.
I am finding that I have to write down everything and keep a constant eye on my eating or else, I do things like that.
on a good day, i am staying between 1200 and 1500 calories and I find that I am not hungry or starving myself but I am seriously restricting. I am supposed to eat between 2000 and 2200 according to my plan here on MFP. However my Dr told me to stay around 1100 and 1300 to lose weight and I would be best suited. it really doesn't seem like a lot but take a look at my menus and you will find, I eat well. Its all about choices. You can have a two egg omelet for 140 calories OR you can have 4 egg whites and one whole egg for the same amount of calories...which would you choose? you can fill the omelet with ham and cheese OR you can add broccoli, tomato, onion, spinach a slice of reduced fat cheese and fat free salsa for less calories and for a more filling omelet. Its all about choices.
For a snack you can have a bag of chips for 220 or you can have a Greek yogurt an apple with peanut butter and glass of skim milk all for the same 220 calories!!! Choices and decisions...then they just become good eating habits.