The Challenge is Approaching

Options
Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
Hello everyone! We have a few days left until December 1, which marks the start of our challenge. I am so very excited to be going on this journey with you all! I know we can all use each other's help and support. Don't forget to weigh yourselves the day of, and take measurements. This will be fun and I hope you all stay with us until the end!

Replies

• healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    cant wait :)
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I think this sis will be so motivational for us all. I have been on here on and off going on 2 years and it took me a while but I am finally learning and APPLYING the things that I have learned on here. We all have to start somewhere and this is it. I plan to stick this out and I am forever grateful that have pals with me along this journey:flowerforyou:
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Most definitely can and can't wait, if you know what I mean! Thanks for arranging the challenge.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I can't wait, I need the extra motivation.
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Did a post holiday weigh in this morning. Getting back to logging with honesty! Getting ready to get back on the elliptical and get moving!! LETS DO THIS! Please; challenge peeps...friend me!! :) I need all the support, motiviation and kicks in the tush I can get.
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm very excited about the challenge! This will honestly be my first time measuring...I have always relied on the scale, which isn't always good. I welcome the change and offer my support to all of you!
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    I'm very excited about the challenge! This will honestly be my first time measuring...I have always relied on the scale, which isn't always good. I welcome the change and offer my support to all of you!

181lbs lost THATS AMAZING!!!!!!! What advice do you have for our upcoming group ....
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Well, there are so many things that I could say to answer that question, but one thing that's working for me now, is persistence and not being afraid to modify when it becomes necessary. I actually had weightloss surgery last year in August and that has played a major part in my weightloss, however, I know that not everyone agrees with this choice, so often I don't even bring it up when on these forums. But I want to be honest and let you know that the fact that I literally can't hold as much food as I used to plays a major role in my success. However, I've had the honeymoon period, I lost 100lbs with little to no effort, but these last 81lbs have been ALL me! I Zumba twice weekly, I lift weights twice weekly. I have recently been on a 3 month plateau and decided to change things up a bit in my routines and now the weight appears to be coming off again. BTW, I started at 455lbs and as of Monday I was 274. So, I still have about 100lbs to lose before I am at my personal goal, but I have smaller goals set also. (I am aiming for 10lbs by Christmas!)

Also, I no longer reward myself with food, celebrate with food, or comfort myself with food. Food is essential and even taste good. But it's no longer my drug of choice. I don't like exercise, but I do it anyway because it's what I have to do, my committment to this lifestyle has become far more important to me, than any gratification that I could ever receive from food. Some days it's rough, especially now that the holidays are approaching. But if I want a piece of cake, I have a piece of cake and I log it. I realize that in MY life, I need balance and that's what keeps me going. Knowing that if I want it, I can have it and usually I talk myself out of it and it's no longer an issue. I'll be shut up now..hehehe...but that's just my 2 cents.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Well, there are so many things that I could say to answer that question, but one thing that's working for me now, is persistence and not being afraid to modify when it becomes necessary. I actually had weightloss surgery last year in August and that has played a major part in my weightloss, however, I know that not everyone agrees with this choice, so often I don't even bring it up when on these forums. But I want to be honest and let you know that the fact that I literally can't hold as much food as I used to plays a major role in my success. However, I've had the honeymoon period, I lost 100lbs with little to no effort, but these last 81lbs have been ALL me! I Zumba twice weekly, I lift weights twice weekly. I have recently been on a 3 month plateau and decided to change things up a bit in my routines and now the weight appears to be coming off again. BTW, I started at 455lbs and as of Monday I was 274. So, I still have about 100lbs to lose before I am at my personal goal, but I have smaller goals set also. (I am aiming for 10lbs by Christmas!)

Also, I no longer reward myself with food, celebrate with food, or comfort myself with food. Food is essential and even taste good. But it's no longer my drug of choice. I don't like exercise, but I do it anyway because it's what I have to do, my committment to this lifestyle has become far more important to me, than any gratification that I could ever receive from food. Some days it's rough, especially now that the holidays are approaching. But if I want a piece of cake, I have a piece of cake and I log it. I realize that in MY life, I need balance and that's what keeps me going. Knowing that if I want it, I can have it and usually I talk myself out of it and it's no longer an issue. I'll be shut up now..hehehe...but that's just my 2 cents.

Thats great advice. I do use food as a "drug" too. Trying to get over it. Eat to live, not live to eat. I have been super good with my diet this week and I feel so much better. The worst part is holiday get-togethers or weekends. I like doing fun workouts like zumba. Not really a fan of lifting but when I do I see better results. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and make a change!
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options

First I'd like to say congratulations on your weight loss! I have a couple of friends who have had the surgery, and it's still an every day struggle for them. Therefore there's no such thing as an easy way out. Your body, your choice and it doesn't matter what anybody else say or think you did it for you!

So, keep on pushing and together we can do this!!! :smile: