2 appointments closer...

Options
healthybabs
healthybabs Posts: 576 Member
It is getting closer........ Saw my psych and NUT (2nd appt) today. Both of those are now out of the way and they each said they wished all their patients were as "easy" as me. Seeing my pcp on Friday and she is going to review all my meds/suppements and make adjustments. She didn't want me to go out and buy all my bariatric meds yet until she reviews my blood work on Friday. All I really have left is to go to my 2nd group session and see my surgeon again to finalize everything and submit to insurance. Doing both of those on 12/12. I think I will be looking at surgery in the beginning of January since my doc said my insurance plan is great about approvals and usually only takes a couple of weeks.

I am so ready for this and don't even care if I will be on pre-surgery diet during Christmas/New Years

Replies

• karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful news!
  • RunningGranny
    Options
    Fabulous!!!
  • healthybabs
    Options
    Another step closer...my PCP had my blood work repeated so my surgeon has it on this Wednesday. Seeing him to go over all results and should now be ready to submit to insurance. Keeping fingers crossed!!
  • clblew
    clblew Posts: 30
    Options
    Excited for you! My sleeve surgery is on the 17th. I hoped the two weeks of pre-surg diet would go by fast, but it is going by really fast!! Going to have to make a list of things I still need to get done before next week. It's a good feeling to have all the appts out of the way. Good luck to you!
  • healthybabs
    Options
    Called surgeon's office today to see what the status is on my insurance approval. Unfortunately they are short staffed thru the holiday but will be open on Monday. Was told I should be seeing approval shortly based on where I was at last visit with them and once approved they will call me immediately to schedule the surgery date and pre-op appt. I am so ready to get on with it!! I love reading about everyone's success stories and I can't wait to be a part of all of that!! :love:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Do you know how soon they can get you in once approved? Could this be happening within the next few weeks????
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Keep posting so we know when you are going in!!
  • healthybabs
    Options
    Do you know how soon they can get you in once approved? Could this be happening within the next few weeks????

They told me yesterday that approval to surgery is about 3 weeks right now and pre-op appt is a couple of days before the surgery. Of course, have to do the week prior of liquids with a couple of ounces of protein 1x per day and just pure clear liquids 1 day prior for final "clean out". When I started this process in August, they told me that it would be end of Jan beginning of Feb or so. Looks like they are just about right on since if all goes as expected I think we are looking at end of January or so.