8 Weeks PP tomorrow...

Options
So my baby girl is 8 weeks tomorrow! She's doing great! She's not quite sleeping through the night just yet but hey... who am I kidding... I haven't had a good night's sleep since my first was born 13 years ago!

My daughter Brooklyn is my third child. I have a 13 year old boy and a 4 year old girl as well. I have to say, a LOT changed for me with my body this time around. My midsection has gone rogue. Is it really possible to have cellulite on my belly?... maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones who get cellulite everywhere and not just my butt and thighs. And what's with the loose hanging skin that lies next to me like a loyal dog? I would name it, but then I might get too attached and I really don't intend for it to stay around very long. Also, my arms are crazy thick! What's up with THAT?! My mom, in her all-too-knowing way reassured me that my "maternal fat stores" are stored in the arms. Is that the equivalent of a squirrel storing nuts in her cheeks? Besides... if my maternal stores are in my arms, why do I seem to have so much more fat placed everywhere else? Can someone say "bra fat"??!!

All kidding aside, I gained the exact same weight with all my pregnancies (40 lbs) no matter weather I exercised or not. With my son, I was only 19 and bounced back to my pre-preggo clothes within two weeks. With my 2nd, I never managed to lose 20 lbs of the total gained. Now, 8 weeks postpartum, I weigh the same as I did when I went in to labor with my first child! YIKES!

My current weight is 190 and my goal weight is somewhere between 145-155. I'm realistic and don't expect to be the same size as I was at 19. That doesn't matter to me as much as getting back the energy I had when I was lighter and more fit. (Well, I'd like to send the puppy dog away... and get rid of my "maternal fat stores"... I think I miss that energy way more than my size 8 jeans!! (I'm sure my husband would like that pant size again though! Although he's too smart to admit it! LOL!)

I KNOW I'm not the only new mom out there who feels akward and totally dumbfounded with her post-baby body...

Replies

• BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Congrats on having a healthy baby girl! That's the most important first and foremost :O). I can totally relate to your feelings of self-conciousness. I gained about 20 lbs a month before I got pregnant with my son and then gained 50 lbs while I was pregnant! Since then, I lost 60 lbs, but still am about 35-40 lbs heavier than I want to be. Anyway, my son turned one in September and I found out I'm pregnant again! I already feel super self-concious about my weight...dunno if my body will ever get back to normal! Hopefully this pregnancy will hit some re-set button in my body. lol.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby!!!! It's much harder for your body to recover from pregnancy the older you get and yes, it totally sucks. It's also really tough with a newborn to find any time for yourself, but do the best you can. I still have a bit of the belly hanging around after my 4th one almost 2 years ago, but I wasn't very dedicated to losing it until about 10 months pp and have been slacking of for the last few months, so really haven't even put in a whole year's worth of time. Most important thing is taking care of baby and yourself - eating right and exercising. Even if you aren't nursing, please don't try cut calories too low. 1600 without exercise would be a good start (if you're not nursing) - stick with it for at least a month and then evaluate your progess and adjust up or down as necessary. Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions. Good Luck!!!