have you ever...

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
snooped on a friend's date by following them to wherever they had their date and spying on them from across the room?

Replies

• shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    No... Can't say that I have.

Have you? :tongue:
  • Katefab26
    Options
    Haha, nope! I feel like that would be a lot of effort...

Is there a reason for this question??? :laugh:
  • christine24t
    Options
    No, my friend and I were just joking around about it!

I had two friends follow another friend on her date where she and the guy walked around a park. Hid behind trees, etc.

ETA - I would totally do it though if a friend wanted me to do it though...for instance, if she was meeting a guy from online.
  • Katefab26
    Options
    No, my friend and I were just joking around about it!

I had two friends follow another friend on her date where she and the guy walked around a park. Hid behind trees, etc.

ETA - I would totally do it though if a friend wanted me to do it though...for instance, if she was meeting a guy from online.

Oh, phew! Haha I was beginning to wonder... :tongue:

Maybe I'm just too trusting. I've never given meeting a guy from online a second thought. I mean, obviously I take precautions like meeting him in a public place, not being alone with him, etc., but I've never wanted someone to follow me to make sure I got home safely! I feel like that would totally freak him out if he figured out what was going on :laugh:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    No, but we HAVE followed (from a distance) at the request of a friend when she met a guy from online so that if she needed someone to break her free we could step in. She intended to turn her phone off (to be polite), but she was gonna give us a signal if she needed rescuing.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!! :laugh: more often than i care to admit

It was actually kind of fun. Sort of like playing at private detective.

once It was in in college. I went to a 7 sisters school (bryn mawr) so the male pickin's were few and far between and the ones that were readily available we'd be like "oh, that's just joseph, that's not a GUY :laugh: "But there were several coed schools close buy, so the smart guys who went to sausage fest coed schools like villanova, upenn, or temple would come crash our parties

anyway a friend of mine met some party crashing dude that she was hooking up with. one of our other friends (well more like acquaintance) was talking to some other people about some new guy she met who sounded a little bit like the same guy. since he didnt go to our school my friend was wondering how the heck she can verify dude isn't seriously macking on our campus.

one of my PT jobs was working in the local theater and one night i saw acquaintance come in with a guy. since i didnt remember the guy my friend was knocking boots with i called her to let her know they were there. she got there in like 5 minutes and i got her in so she could scope the situation out.

turns out it was the same guy. hilarity ensued.

another time i've done it was at the request of another friend who was meeting a guy she wasnt too sure about. the idea was for me to look for a signal from her to know if i should come in and interrupt their date. they met at a cafe and she picked a table i could see from outside. i had binoculars and everything :laugh:

another time was in high school. at my PT job (another movie theater ha!) we worked with this really disgustingly gross guy (dude hate boogers and popped zits like it was nothing :sad: ) with bad hygeine . dude was always bragging about his girlfriend. so one day a few of us stalked him after he was supposed to leave to go meet her. we were really curious as to who the hell would date him. we set it up so that someone who got off earlier than gross dude would come back to the theater in time for when the gross dude's shift was over. that person followed gross dude and called us to let us know where they went. it was some pizza place not too far away.

since this was before cameraphone, those of us who were off work and wanted to see had to quickly drive to the pizza place. it was sooo hard trying to get a good look without him seeing us but we eventually did. she looked normal and looked liek she had good hygiene, at least better than his :laugh:
  • christine24t
    Options
    At Mesha...hahahahaha! I would love to spy on someone too. Sounds hilarious!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    At Mesha...hahahahaha! I would love to spy on someone too. Sounds hilarious!

This thread is beginning to take on an ominous tone...

--P
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    About 15 years ago a friend asked me to wait in my car in a museum parking lot at night when she met some guy she was talking to online. I thought it was totally weird and stupid and got cold, so after 10 minutes of them standing in the dark at the side of this parking lot, I marched over to announce I was going home and actually told him that I had his license plate # and that I'd shank him if something happened to her. She was super mad, but I thought I was an actual bad *kitten*.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I marched over to announce I was going home and actually told him that I had his license plate # and that I'd shank him if something happened to her. She was super mad, but I thought I was an actual bad *kitten*.

Confirmed bad *kitten*.

--P
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I marched over to announce I was going home and actually told him that I had his license plate # and that I'd shank him if something happened to her. She was super mad, but I thought I was an actual bad *kitten*.

Confirmed bad *kitten*.

--P

Ditto! :laugh:
  • julesboots
    Options

once It was in in college. I went to a 7 sisters school (bryn mawr) so the male pickin's were few and far between and the ones that were readily available we'd be like "oh, that's just joseph, that's not a GUY :laugh: "But there were several coed schools close buy, so the smart guys who went to sausage fest coed schools like villanova, upenn, or temple would come crash our parties

anyway a friend of mine met some party crashing dude that she was hooking up with. one of our other friends (well more like acquaintance) was talking to some other people about some new guy she met who sounded a little bit like the same guy. since he didnt go to our school my friend was wondering how the heck she can verify dude isn't seriously macking on our campus.

one of my PT jobs was working in the local theater and one night i saw acquaintance come in with a guy. since i didnt remember the guy my friend was knocking boots with i called her to let her know they were there. she got there in like 5 minutes and i got her in so she could scope the situation out.

Off topic, sorry, but this kind of silliness is how I totally envision college life at one of the seven sisters!!! Although I understand reality could look like potential meanness for being unfamiliar with simone de beauvoir or something dumb.

Confirmed bad *kitten*.

I'll take that confirmation because I totally remembered all of the words to california uber alles when I heard it at the grocery store the other day. Threatening to knife a stranger at 20 = remembering words to a punk rock song at 35.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    YES!!!!! :laugh: more often than i care to admit

It was actually kind of fun. Sort of like playing at private detective.

I have no idea what you're talking about Meesh!!! :laugh:

Coed = ?

bryn mawr = ?

sausage fest = ?

seriously macking on our campus = ?

knocking boots with = ?

:laugh: :noway:
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options

Coed = ? Bpys and Girls

bryn mawr = ? All Girls college (7 sisters school)

sausage fest = ? Mostly or all penis at the party/school/gathering etc

seriously macking on our campus = ? Hitting on multiple girls on the same campus

knocking boots with = ? Good old fashioned crazy sex!!

Hope the filled in answers help Anna
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Coed = ? Bpys and Girls

bryn mawr = ? All Girls college (7 sisters school)

sausage fest = ? Mostly or all penis at the party/school/gathering etc

seriously macking on our campus = ? Hitting on multiple girls on the same campus

knocking boots with = ? Good old fashioned crazy sex!!

Hope the filled in answers help Anna

:laugh: Ok, great! Got it now!! Nice to have a sausage fest!!! :laugh:

Thanks Will, you're a gent ! :flowerforyou:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

Off topic, sorry, but this kind of silliness is how I totally envision college life at one of the seven sisters!!! Although I understand reality could look like potential meanness for being unfamiliar with simone de beauvoir or something dumb.

silliness is king at all colleges. the old difference is that on 7 sisters campus while we're being silly while also playing sports, volunteering in community programs, questioning the patriarchy while questioning feminist theories,majoring in something uber complicated, minoring in something totally unrelated, socializing, all while maintaining at least a 3.7 grade point average because we're ya know, brilliant as *kitten* :wink:

let's just say i had 2 part time jobs, was a physics major, math and astronomy minor, took french, russian and japanese, played rugby, volunteered at an after school program, partied like a rock star and *I* was the considered the slacker of my friends :laugh: we didnt have a lot of time, but there was ALWAYS time for silly (like an impromptu bathtub filled with jello party on a tuesday night :laugh: )

I'll take that confirmation because I totally remembered all of the words to california uber alles when I heard it at the grocery store the other day. Threatening to knife a stranger at 20 = remembering words to a punk rock song at 35.
    [/quote]
  • marvelprime
    marvelprime Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I never got asked to snoop. However, I remember the awkwardness my female friend being okay to hang out one night....she was on her first date with a guy and she was apparently drunk enough to really not think about a "third wheel" syndrome and just bought a round as I got awkwardly introduced, caught another friend (who I decided to play rescue) then slipped out of the bar as they both proceeded to do the over-the-top make out session once they figured I wasn't at the table anymore .

Fortunately for my friends, that was an extremely rare occurrence.
  • julesboots
    Options

silliness is king at all colleges. the old difference is that on 7 sisters campus while we're being silly while also playing sports, volunteering in community programs, questioning the patriarchy while questioning feminist theories,majoring in something uber complicated, minoring in something totally unrelated, socializing, all while maintaining at least a 3.7 grade point average because we're ya know, brilliant as *kitten* :wink:

This is why I'm planning to become a stage mom and force my daughter to go to a women's college. I'm looking forward to the vicarious life.