Just got rollers!!

Options
Got a set of rollers over the weekend and I love them. They are insane, fun, a little risky, but what the hell!!! I find them to be a great workout. I was worrried that there would not be enough resistance to get a burn, but not the case. I am usually dripping sweat in the first 10 - 15 minutes. The learning curve was fairly quick, but I still come off the rollers 1 - 2 times for every workout. No problem, just get back on and keep pedaling. I am not yet clipping in, but am staying with regular pedals. I'll probably switch to a clipless pedal soon to keep working on the full revolution.

I also picked up a mag trainer from craiglist. Also a good tool for exercise, but not as much fun as the rollers. I think I will mix up the two during the most inclement weather. But of course, every opportunity I get I will be on the roads! Still, it is great 2 know thatt I have indoor riding options: 1.) My stationary bike 2.) Rollers 3.) Mag trainer, but not in that order. Given my choice I'll go with the rollers first, every time. I hope this helps anyone considering the indoor options.

Replies

• CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I pulled some rollers off of Craigslist a few years ago, your right about the learning curve, you pick it up pretty quick. I also still roll off the side of them now and again, you really have to pay attention to what your doing, I am still not clipping in just using regular run shoes on my road pedals (SPD).

I like the rollers, a much more "real" ride with plenty of resistance.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I'd kill myself. I'll stick with my Road Machine.
  • dtpss188
    Options
    Yesterday I rode for 60 minutes doing steady state intervals and I cam off the rollers about 4 times. It was no big deal, just got back on. But, I'm not clipped in either. I may begin clipping in to keep my pedal stroke intact, but not sure... still thinking it over...

Every time I get on the rollers I realize how challenging it is from a CV standpoint as well.
  • ultrarunnergirl
    Options
    rollers are awesome. I just got some to help smooth out my pedal stroke and help with balance/ handling on the bike- thats something that trainers won't really give u