Just Say No January?

Options
I know some of us are thinking about it...who's in?

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Me. Says the Not Terribly Excited But Knows It Will Be Good For Her Ashley.
    (With a one night exception on 1/16).
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Dragging my heels, but here I am

I'm thinking I will totally binge and throw up the whole week before so that the thought of alcohol sickens me. Hey, it's a plan...

I, like, Ashley will take a one-day pass because I am not sure of what fun event may occur that requires alcohol, like bowling.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am going to need two passes-one on 1/10 or 1/11, also a concert, another 1/25 because I already got tickets to the winter brew fest. Gosh, that's gonna be hard without conditioning! I'll be wasted after three beers:drinker: I probably won't even drink my $30-worth!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Maybe after the 6th? Major parties to attend from the 31st until then....huge family reunion.

After spending time with them all I will either be ready to get sober...or drink more. I'm not sure which
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Anybody have a game plan or how to avoid trigger situations? One month is going to be tough? How on Earth did Yvonne do it alone with all of us lushes?
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Plus she went sugar free as well, I think.

I think I can go booze free but I'm afraid my eating will go to hell. It doesn't make sense to me to cut out the booze if I end up replacing it with crap food.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I have hope since I did it recenlty when I was prego. I know I know, growing a baby is a lot more incentive than just giving my liver a break. But I know I did it then, and it was actually kind of nice not always being the drunk one at the party and never waking up hungover. So that's my motivation. And to prove to myself I still can. And probably withdrawing a little socially from groups/situations I know I typically chug wine with/at.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Sydney, I agree with the crap food. So, here's the logic behind it. When you stop the booze the pancreas is producing insulin like crazy because it's used to the high sugar content. You have to wait for the hormone to settle down and then eating should go back to normal. Damn hormones are always ****ing with us.

Ashley, I am now on Day 4 and starting to "feel" good. Your right, it's nice to wake up refreshed.

Although, I can't wait to be a cheap date!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Yeah I know the science behind it, Kim. I'm just not willing to gain any weight at this point...even if it means my liver is healthier. :laugh:
    I'll see. I've been very good at moderating lately. Haven't had a hangover in quite a while. Its the vodka that does me in. If I drink red wine, I rarely have more than a glass or 2.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yeah I know the science behind it, Kim. I'm just not willing to gain any weight at this point...even if it means my liver is healthier. :laugh:
    I'll see. I've been very good at moderating lately. Haven't had a hangover in quite a while. Its the vodka that does me in. If I drink red wine, I rarely have more than a glass or 2.

Gotcha! You have been a good girl as well. The moderation is working well for you.

I really need to bring the weight down, I haven't posted a loss since the beginning of summer and then gained 10 lbs. so I need to get back in the game. I've got a physical coming up in February.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    That's good incentive, isn't it? Mine is usually in April or May, so I betcha I will go booze free before my appointment too. Altho I think my dr. is a bit of a lush herself.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Proud of you guys! Good luck I shall not be joining you....our January weekends are filling up and I already need a drink just thinking about it!! :laugh:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Only 5 more nights to drink ladies!

I'll need two free passes: 1/16 and 1/19. But that's it!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I will cheer you all on from the sidelines!!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a pass on the 19th as well...but my liver will be grateful. :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    My pass will be the 4th for wine tasting night. Maybe, I will also join you girls on the 19th for a reprieve.

I've been practicing with hubs while he drinks at happy hour and I am sober. It's getting easier, mind over matter, right?
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Day 2 of JSNJ. Day 1 was easy considering I felt like @ss most of the day yesterday. I'm looking forward to the break. For now anyways.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Ashley, I was pretty much a couch potato yesterday. Friday is when it is going to start getting hard. We're 3% of the way.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Soooo......How did everyone do over the weekend? I am actually a little surprised at how easy it was. Granted we were pretty much hermits over the weekend. Went out to dinner Saturday at like 4:30. Strangely enough, no one really drinks that time of day. We got SO much accomplished over the weekend and I was down a pound today. On a Monday! Typically I feel like a bloated piece of poo on Monday mornings. So all in all, I am feeling good and hoping this time away from booze will help me to reset and get back to drinking moderately and not most days. But I'm positive! Today marks one week without alcohol. Yay!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    I did okay over he weekend. There were a few moments when I wanted to cave, but I didn't. Waking up and feeling good is definitely an upside!