Avoid Holiday Temptations!

Options
The sweets are everyone this time of year, they are gifts, they are brought in by co-workers, they are mailed, the are made to give so my advice is plan ahead. Who has any other stratagies to avoid tempation during the holidays!

Here's mine so far!
Think of 3 of your favorite holiday splurges and schedule them one for each week that way you know they are coming and you have the choice on that day to give into to the desire or to realize hey I made it this far I don't need it! That way you don't accidently give in too many times.

Would love to hear more ideas!

Replies

• ShellyakaLady
    ShellyakaLady Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My advice in avoiding the holiday temptations is think of your teeth!!! My teeth are very important to me - I want them to last throughout my life time - so I do my best to avoid candy and everything else we have laying all around the office.

Holiday Temptations can be very hard because it can and will put you right back at the beginning, if you eat w/o thinking. I have plopped something in my mouth and not really thought about what it was or why I'm ate it. Now I'm very cautious about what I put in mouth. If we want this weight loss journey to be a success - we have to be more careful and be accountable for what we eat...