Looking for Friends Living with Chronic Debilitating Pain

Options
Hi ya'll!

I'm hoping we can team up as friends and support one another as we continue our commitment to eat right and care for our health.
It is very hard living with chronic pain and it has its own unique challenges. I'm hoping if you also have chronic pain that limits you in your life that perhaps we can become mfp friends to help each other.

I been on MFP since May and I lost 37 pounds so far. I'm hoping to lose a total of 50 so I have a way to go. As i write this I am in my bed with a severe flare that prevents me from sitting or walking. I'm on day 3 of the flare and i'm hoping it subsides because my sister is coming to visit on Monday 12/2. It would be awful if she comes and i'm stuck in bed. I'm in FL so it would be good to be able to have some fun outdoors when she gets here.

Anyway, I'm hoping somebody would like to join up as a friend. I have a few friends on MFP and they are great! Nothing wrong with having a few more!

i'm 57, 5'10" tall, single and live in FL. Hope to hear from ya'll!

Janice

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,020 Member
    Options
    Hi Janice,
    I would love to help support each other. So sorry you are having such a bad flare, hope you r able to have a good visit with your sister. I too am In a flare due to all the rain. I am 49 have been with MCP since July 2010 and have lost 108 lbs. this has made a huge difference in my life . Now the pain is not constant but comes and goes. Looking forward to getting to know you..sheri
  • JenniAnn2012
    JenniAnn2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Would like a friend to help with encouragement for one another on this journey. I have chronic daily migraines and fibro. I need to lose about 40lbs, and I'm determined to do it!! Looking forward to hear from you. Jen
  • squankmuffin
    squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ouch! Virtual hugs to you all.

I'm up for friends :D

I have had a perma-migraine for 6 months and 3 ruptured discs / sciatica, so I'm not nearly as mobile as would like.