Ok, Bub...let's get to the core of the matter! 11/29

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://www.youtube.com/user/oxygenmagazine

We refuse to have a muffin top this winter whether we are maintaining thru the holidays or still trying to lose! Let's all work on our core. I like this because there are modifications and you can go at your own pace! If you don't want to do the whole thing take an aspect and do it.
YOUR core is more then just abdominals and when the core is strong it helps us in every single part of our lives that we take for granted: grocery shopping, picking up kids, posture, work, sports, chores ane more! So build it up.

Peace,
WW

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    A strong core helps with balance too. In the 20 Second Fitness the instructor repeatedly reminds you to keep your core tight. We also do specific exercises about 3 times a week to build muscle.

There is a reason it is called the core.

Things that make go "Hmm."
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at your posted vid but I will say I started taking my Tabata +Core for the exact same reason. She works our abs, top and lower, obliques up and down, hip flexors, and our lower back. I never knew how many muslces are part of the core until I started this class. I need strength in all of that but especially the hip flexors. And was suprised to feel how sore my lower back could be after class. Working, working, working that 'core'! (We need exercise smileys) :happy:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Super Trainer gave me ab work to do at home, she recommended that I do some every day ('cause you can always work your abs!) So I added the ab work she gave me (just started this past week) to my little regiment of doing camels, undulations and full belly rolls in the car (gets some VERY interesting looks from people in other cars) and I gave myself a little goal: I've never been able to do a sit up so I told Super Trainer that I'm just waiting for the day that I will be doing a crunch and POP! up I go into a sit up! So my goal with this extra ab work is to do one sit up (then I can set a goal for more!)
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Ms Rachel what is a camel???!
  • kglar
    kglar Posts: 7
    Options
    Some of the moves in that video looked pretty tough! I didn't do the video but I did do a 15 minute core workout. Definitely felt that burn!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    A camel is an undulation using only the lower section of the abs