200lb dead lift

Options
I started strong lifts in spring of this year and kept it up for a couple of months but lost motivation once I deadlifted all the weights I had at home. I wasnt in a position to join a gym but I took it up again 3 weeks ago and today, I achieved a 200lb dead lift and am feeling a lot less like a beginner now!

Would love to have more lady lifters on my friends for added support as I dont seem to have any at all! So please add me if you would like to :-)

Replies

• STurbs33
    STurbs33 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Way to go! 200lbs is my next goal. I just did 1x5 at 180lbs today, so hopefully I'll get to 200 in a few weeks or so. I love how bada$$ deadlifts feel.
  • CyanideCyster
    Options
    Haha it really does feel badass! I could see the blokes looking and shaking their heads like 'not a chance'

How are you finding your body changes? My fave is the lifted bum and shrinking waist!
  • STurbs33
    STurbs33 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My butt and legs look great! I honestly don't think they've ever looked better. Also my stomach appears much flatter than it used to be. I used to have to contract my abs and suck in to get it flat before lol.

I actually decided to do a bulk for October until January, so I've gained a bit of weight....about 6lbs so far. So my body fat isn't where I want it right now, but I've been this weight before. The last time i was 148lbs, my jeans were always too tight, I had to suck in,etc. But since I'm watching protein and lifting, everything still fits me perfectly and I have so much confidence that never thought I'd have.

Moral: muscle is awesome! Haha
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I'm at 95lbs, so I have a way to go. But can't wait to get there!
  • CyanideCyster
    Options
    I know what you are saying! Ive gained 12 lb but my waist is smaller than the last time I was this weight and I actually have a bum. I didnt even have one when I was 3 stone heavier or when I was pregnant haha
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Hey there, on 220 lbs and onwards and upwards here, in fact I managed 247.5 a couple of weeks ago when I miscalculated the plates...wondered why it was so heavy but managed to push 5 out all red faced... glad some ladies are catching me up...bring it on!!!
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    boom 200lbs!! friend request sent :drinker: :drinker:
  • CyanideCyster
    Options
    Hahaha awesome! I miscalculated once. Infact it was my first time lifting in a gym, around people, and the bar didn't even move :-/
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Wow that is awesome!!! I'm just starting out with the bar. My next goal is to lift my body weight like someone else just did and then on to 200!! You are my hero!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! I just did 100 pounds and was pretty proud of that :laugh: