How do you have fun AND stay on track on the weekends?

Options
Looking for tips and tricks to stay within the calorie budget and still enjoy ourselves when going out with friends.

For example, these are some of the things I do:
Eat lighter during the day to save the calories for the outing that night
Workout before you go out to earn extra calories
Try the skinny version of your favorite cocktails or use diet soda as your mixer
Plan your outing-look at the menu before you go
Eat a little before you go to keep you from overeating

I hope that helps!

Replies

• KidForever
    Options
    I am usually tempted to snack when I am at home on weekends. So I try not to bring goodies into the house. Just fruit in case i get hungry between meals. I rarely eat out, I prefer my own cooking. Too many restaurants use processed food. It might be my imagination, but when I eat out I taste chemicals.
  • sofitladies
    Options
    Great idea about the fruit. I don't bring the really bad snacks into the house, but I have to have my popcorn :-)
  • EconMama
    EconMama Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yesterday evening I had a much needed Mom's night out with my girlfriends. I made dinner for my family at home c. 6:00 and ate a salad with them; when I went out to meet my friends at 8:30, I wasn't starving (because of the salad) and I had a glass and half of wine, shared a brussel sprouts appetizer and had a couple of slices of gourmet pizza. I considered it my splurge for the week, but I have really been working out hard and following the eating plan pretty well, so I let myself enjoy. Today I compensated by having a a light breakfast (plain yogurt & fruit), lentil soup, and salmon w/ broccoli for dinner. Personally, I think it is ok to have a little splurge once a week, as long as you pick the occasion and really enjoy it mindfully (i.e. don't waste it on crappy food or mindless eating, you know?).

That all said, it has been very hard for me to keep up exercising on the weekends. It is only because of this challenge that I forced myself out on a long walk with my daughter in the stroller yesterday (we walked about 3 miles or so in 45 minutes) and today I took her out again in the baby jogger for a 5 mi run. Lately I've not been doing anything on the weekend, so this challenge really motivated me to get out there!
  • sofitladies
    Options
    I am encouraged! I agree with you 100%. it is imperative to splurge from time to time to keep your sanity and keep you from giving up. In fact, I build my favorite treats or snacks into my calorie budget throughout the week. I am proud of you. Keep it up!