it's go time!

Options
let's get this party started! i figured i would start a closed group that only team members can comment on to encourage each other. use it as much or as little as you like.

thanks to everyone in advance for joining the challenge with me. i think it'll be a great motivator to help get thru the holiday season and these cold winter days.

any suggestions on how to make this better, please share!

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    ok ladies and gentlemen, this is your pilot speaking. welcome aboard the winter warriors express. we are experiencing clear skies and are ready for takeoff. while we wait on the tarmac, please make sure your workout clothes are adjusted properly and your sneakers are tied for safety. if you are ever thirsty while on this flight, plenty of water is available. enjoy the ride!
  • cvandernot
    cvandernot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok got up extra early for this flight ..too excited..so after a great sweat I want to log in 1836 calories burned doing double cardio..want us to win..thanks everyone for participating...
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I'm ready and raring to go!!
  • knightreader
    Options
    Ok got up extra early for this flight ..too excited..so after a great sweat I want to log in 1836 calories burned doing double cardio..want us to win..thanks everyone for participating...

that's a great start for us. im adding my 1160 to it, and hoping to add some more with another cardio or weight session, maybe both. great start!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    627 so far for me today. I may get motivated to do more later. :)
  • knightreader
    Options
    sweet start, hyper!

i logged another 500 after deciding to do 30 minutes "elliptical" instead of 30 minutes "butt sitting watching tv"

our total so far is 4960 calories. still waiting to hear from 2 teammates.

great job everyone. i think we are off to an awesome start!
  • knightreader
    Options
    check out the above link...we jumped out to a nice early lead!
  • eikito
    eikito Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Winter Warriors, I have just realised that I could "enter" our group. How silly am I?
    Anyway, here I am on day 2. I did 2 hours of cardio in the morning after seeing our captain's and cvandernot's awesome burns yesterday; I didn't want to be left behind!! adding 1268 Cals not bad for a girl huh?
  • knightreader
    Options
    way to go eikito! trying to hang with the boys is impressive. everyone is doing great! and all the reporting i going smooth. as long as i don't lose my spread sheet!

everyone keep up the good work!
  • knightreader
    Options
    at this point we are in a stop over in nashville, tennessee. bet we would burn a lot of calories walking around listening to all the great music!
  • eikito
    eikito Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Is it my imagination, or are we in 1st place?!?!? over Jamaica. Maybe we can make a stop-over and have some Jerk Chicken with Rice & Peas YUM!! I think I over did it yesterday, my numbers are not anywhere as good as yesterday: only 543 calories. Will try harder tomorrow.
  • knightreader
    Options
    awesome work eikito. can't write...gotta jump on my elliptical!
  • knightreader
    Options
    we are currently at the southern tip of ireland, perhaps enjoying a brew or two and taking in some music and dancing. while i am sure it is nice, lets not stay too long!