Increase Muscle Mass?

Options
Hello! I have done TF for 2 weeks and then had to stop because of some stuff going on but I'm ready to start again! My question for those of you who have done it before is, did you notice a change in muscle mass? I know that you don't lift weights as part of the program but I'm wondering if anyone noticed increased muscle mass or if people lift weights in addition to the workouts to help with the increase in muscle which is really beneficial to loosing weight. Thanks :)

Replies

• firelle
    firelle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I do strength training separate. But this week I started to wear weighted gloves on my hand to add to the intensity and tone my arms (I tried taking them off for a little bit.. now it feels too easy without them!). But my legs definitely feel firm thanks to the kicking and squatting.

Also there are the Core, Tone, etc classes that use the bands... they work, if your resistance is strong enough. I wouldn't go by those alone though. Pick up a dumbbell; doesn't hurt =)
  • kelewis
    kelewis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 3 of Turbo Fire. I use a BodyBugg daily. Just finished entering my updated measurements and weight into the BodyBugg program, and it estimates that I've lost 7.56 pounds of fat and gained 2.56 lbs of lean mass. I do not use any weighted gloves, or do any weight training at all. Just following the program as per the 20 week schedule.