Introduce yourself

Options
124»

Replies

• diana_kickass
    diana_kickass Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Diana, and I'm from Maine. I need some help staying motivated and active, and this would be perfect! I'm a law student, scheduled to take the bar exam in February, and really want to be fit and have fewer wobbly-bits by my post-bar vacation. Also, I want to stay motivated to work out while I'm attempting to not freak out from studying. Thank you for starting this group!

height: 5' 7.5"
    highest: 195 lbs
    current: 177 lbs
    April 1 goal: 150 lbs
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Ontario, Canada. I started on here last year, but really stepped up my use of the groups and ideas here in September of this year. I put a lot of my weight on following my back surgery 7 years ago and it was not until last year that I was able to do any sort of exercise without pain...I am now back to running this year and am finally making progress in my weight loss and eating habits. My goal for 2012 was to be able to run/jog a full 5km and I am days away from completing this after which my plan is to keep running while increasing my distance and speed.

I have found the groups on MFP very helpful in keeping me on track the past few months and hope that I can keep moving the the right direction.

Height: 5"6'
    Highest: 221lbs
    Current: 186lbs
    Goal for April 1, 2013: 150lbs
    Ultimate Goal: 135lbs
  • Shauntaya
    Options
    Add me!!! I need the motivation!!! Seriously! Lol!
  • jerseygirl055
    jerseygirl055 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Therese. I am 57 years old and live in New Jersey. I'm hoping this challenge will give me the motivation to finally lose weight. I've tried so many diets before and did well for a month or two. Something always happens and I get discouraged and quit.
  • 84babe
    84babe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,my name is Taniesha and I live in Georgia. I am 28 years old and I am not very active. I sit down at work for about 8 1/2 hrs each day. I started gaining weight a few years ago going from 123 to 175. I just recently began watching what I eat and doing a little working out. I am trying to get back down to at least 125. I don't have any children yet, just want to be fit and healthy and slim how I was a few years ago. With all of the motivation and support here, I do believe it can happen and I am ready for a new me! Since starting back up with MFP, I have lost 2lbs bringing me at 173.
  • daniaisabel
    Options
    I'm a few days late but ready to lose some weight! I'm 23 years old living in South Carolina but originally from Miami Fl. I signed up to run my first 10K in January and need to get fit, eat healthy!

Current Weight: 152 lbs
    Height: 5'2
    Goal by April: 136 lbs.
    Overall Goal: 125 lbs.
  • determinedsuccess
    Options
    Hi, I am a 29 year old mother of 3 and college professor with a Ph.D in Public Policy Public Administration. I've never been overweight at any point in my life so the extra weight is definitely a new experience I am not able to get used. I did not gain or retain any weight after my first pregnancy with my twins, however, after my last pegnancy I weighed 210 lbs at the most.

I've always weighed a little more than the suggested weight for my height, but with 20% body fat. And now I am beyond aggravated with not so much my weight, but where the fat is proportioned. I look forward to taking this new journey with you all and I will meet my goal. I have never been big on scale numbers, however, how I physically look with the weight matters to me. I say this because at one point in my life I weighed 174lbs little body fat, no stomach and wore a size 7. I would love to reach my goals no later than May and I am determined to accomplish it. I hope we all succeed in our journeys.

I am currently doing a combination of the Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout Video Game 12 Week Challenge with an Intense Full Body Workout in addition to starting Tapout XT. I am sure the combination of the two will help me reach physical fitness goals. I must say if done correctly The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout game is NOT a game! I look forward to seeing everyone's progress on Day 120. :happy:

Height: 5'9
    Starting weight: 200 lbs
    Current weight: 200 lbs
    Goal weight: 175 lbs
  • VaporeonSugar
    VaporeonSugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just joined My Fitness Pal just a few days ago and I know that I'm starting late, but that just means I'll need to try a bit harder. I have to get down to 167 lbs by March 1st, so I thought that adding an extra month onto my challenge might help me be even lighter. I gained weight do to stress of getting married and dealing with the family-in-laws who I really did not like. I am not a fat person on the inside, meaning I don't like food. I had no outlet and was trapped in my house all day living right next door to them and it was the only way to prevent a major breakdown. Now far away from them and not going to tell them the new address, ever. Eating right just seems easier now than ever, so I hope there aren't any issues with me losing weight. My starting weight is 195.5 lbs and I'm hoping by the end of this I might be somewhere around 160 lbs. Wish me luck! o(^w^*)o
  • Spindrift2012
    Spindrift2012 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi I joined this challenge last week but didn't get around to posting on this thread.
    I am Spindrift. I am 42 years old and live in the UK.
    I joined MPF last January and this year have lost 40 lbs. I now weigh less than I have done for some years but would like to lose more.

Starting weight for this Challenge was 164 lbs
    Current weight now 162 lbs
    Goal weight 146 lbs

That might be a bit ambitious with Christmas just around the corner but it will give me something to aim for. Its my daughter's birthday at Easter this year so I would like to look good in the photographs.