Changes Coming to Curves January 1

Options
LJCannon
LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
There are a lot of changes happening with Curves, most of them due to take effect January 1.
As I understand it the focus will be more on Nutrition, Supplements, and making the Clubs all look alike.
Can anyone explain the Changes more clearly? Do you know more details about the Changes? Will the Membership Fees go up?
Are there any Curves Owners listening?

Replies

• italianprimadonna
    Options
    I spoke to one of the Trainers at my Curves here in South Carolina. They have Curves Complete starting Jan. 1. At my Curves, they are going to start it December 26. My current membership is $34 a month. You have an option of joining the three month Curves complete if you have less than 20lbs to lose (or less than 30, I can't remember) or you can join the six month option for greater weight loss. You can also keep you current gym only membership. The Curves Complete costs $65 total a month (including gym membership) for the six or three months you do Curves Complete. After its up, you can renew it, or your membership will automatically go back to a gym membership.

The Curves Complete will give you access to their web site for recipes and logging food, sort of like this one. It will also give you a diet plan in accordance to what your specific body requires and the foods you like. I believe they said that it was individualized. Instead of weighing in every month and measurements, like you do with the gym, you will weigh and measure weekly. As a gift you get a pedometer, water bottle, and some other Curves accessories. The Curves Complete encourages the member to wear the pedometer like an accessory and get yourself to walk 1,000 steps a day. My trainer at my Curves also said that while you work out and are on Curves Complete, the trainer will be there to support and assisted beside you with your entire workout, much like a personal trainer.

I think this will be good for me and I'm going to do it. I have over 100lbs to lose. I also heard that they will no longer be selling their products at their gym sites, but instead will be pushing for purchases online instead.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank You for the information. I have LOVED Curves for all it has done for me, and I am very sad to see so many of them closing. I hope that you will stay in touch and let me know how it goes, and if your Trainer/Owners are happy with the way Curves is doing Business. I wonder if My Curves Owner is painting a Darker Than True Picture of what Curves is requiring of the Individual Owners so that we will be more mad at them than at her for closing down?

:drinker: Good Luck with your Journey!!
  • italianprimadonna
    Options
    I will definitely try to stay in touch. I was going to do weight watchers in January, but doing Curves Complete seems better for my wallet. My trainers are awesome and they are extremely encouraging. They are very excited about the new changes and are always talking about it. I'll try to keep you updated.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks! I am looking forward to it!!
  • khaapala
    khaapala Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'll be curious to hear more about these changes. I've been to 3 sessions so far and am impressed (and sweaty!). I'm glad I found the Curves message board!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Welcome to the Curves board! Where is your Curves?