Send points?

Options
I am new to MFP. How do I send points?

I am certainly not getting 4 each day. Maybe 2 on good days (for fruits and veggies, and logging). I did pull out the yoga mat, and am skipping Starbucks. And i am lowering my calories to 1200. 3 positive behavior changes. Drinking water is a tough one. I am a big tea drinker. Does that count?

Replies

• sofitladies
    Options
    I'm with you. The point of the challenge is to establish good habits and start paying attention to what we're doing. Water is a challenge for a lot of people. While tea (I hope it's not sweat tea LOL) is a better than soda or any other drink, it cannot replace water. That's why I asked you to shoot for 6 instead of 8 glasses.

The way I get my water in everyday is the drink a 16 ounce glass as soon as I wake up and brush my teeth because the body is craving it, you haven't given it anything all night. then mid-morning I drink another 16 ounce glass. At that point, you may be a little thirsty and it will go down quick and easy. I repeat again mid afternoon, which is usually about 4 hours later and then 16 ounces again at some point after work, I usually get more in if I have an after work workout. I drink each 16 ounce glass fairly quickly so I'm satisfied and get it over with. I have found that this way keeps me from feeling like I'm drinking water all day, allows me to drink other things if I want to, but i usually don't want/need to and most importantly I'm not running to the bathroom all day because my body processes the water I drank and and hour later I have to do, rather than sipping all day and running to the bathroom all day.

I hope that helps!
  • sofitladies
    Options
    Oh, the points! On Sunday evening you can just send me a direct message with the number of points you have accumulated over the course of the week.
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Was wondering abou this, can I send you my points today (when I get home)? :smile:
    Oh, the points! On Sunday evening you can just send me a direct message with the number of points you have accumulated over the course of the week.
  • sofitladies
    Options
    You sure can.