SOS: Shout out Sundays

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey comrades! How was this week?
We discussed some issues with snacking wit whole nuts, core exercises no equipment, exercises using the medicine ball and the mentality of what you EAT is your choice and no one shoved down throat so be responsible and write it down.

What other things did you learn? Any new info? New exercises? Let us know....celebrations too!

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Doing the dance of great happiness and joy because I can start jogging again (broken toe seems to FINALLY be feeling better,) do have the worried refrain in said dance as Super Trainer wants me to do Tough Mudder with her next year (have never made it to 3 miles straight of running, never mind having obstacles... will be discussing this with her at next training session)

Am debating about getting a Fitbit One, to help better track calorie burn and steps, so would appreciate any opinions on this device!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday! I just completed day 2 earlier today and let me tell you I am definitely feeling it. It's a lot of work, but I know that it will produce awesome results in the long run.

I also discovered my favorite new thing to have for lunch this week. It's an turkey, avocado, and hummus wrap: 1/2 tbsp hummus (i use garlic), 1 avocado, 1/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese, turkey lunch meat, and a whole wheat tortilla. So yummy! The avocado makes it a little calorie heavy, but even if you leave that off it is still super good. You can toast it too if you like your wraps to be hot.

Overall I'd say it was a good week. I didn't do the best in eating every day, but I'm definitely moving in the right direction. It's all about making progress, right? I hope everyone else had a great week as well! :smile:
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I signed up for and started a 12-week online program to learn about ending emotional eating.

So far, so good.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I learned that I can be positive and up-beat with just about everyone else but me. I did the Chris Freytag 10 Pound Extreme Slim Down and felt crappy afterwards. So much so I broke down and balled. Sunday eve as I was falling asleep i heard Joe Osteen talking about making sure we speak positive things into our lives. We may not be able to stop the negative thoughts but we can take them captive and not allow them to be spoken out loud.

The next time I do that extreme workout and I think I am a loser, I will speak out loud I am a winner. I might not be able to get through it without crying but I do get through it. I do finish. In other words just because I did not cross the finish line first does not make me a loser.