End of my "november experiment"

Okay.. so the short end of the story is this: I feel like my november experiment to eat more calories because I'm exercising so much more was a success. But with that being said, I was blindsided at the end of the month by some emotions that I wasn't expecting. Sigh. I wrote all about it in my blog... It isn't pretty, nor is it happy... but it is truth. If you're interested feel free to read here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/babeinthemoon/view/a-glimpse-into-my-world-and-november-experiment-final-thots-452296

I'll be updating my blog shortly with my goals for December. I'll be taking what I learned in November and tweaking it a bit.

Replies

• babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    If anyone is curious, here is the direct link to my December goals: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/babeinthemoon/view/choose-to-lose-december-goals-452382
  • jenericstewart
    jenericstewart Posts: 10 Member
    You are doing so well! I've enjoyed reading your posts. I'm on the JUDDD diet, but I incorporate carb cycling with the JUDDD.

I have read Chris' book, and I'm a bit confused about the slingshot. I saw that you mentioned you did do that awhile back. How are you "supposed" to do that? Just when you have a plateau or periodically.

Congrats on your success!
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    I have read Chris' book, and I'm a bit confused about the slingshot. I saw that you mentioned you did do that awhile back. How are you "supposed" to do that? Just when you have a plateau or periodically.

According to the book, your slingshot week is every 4 weeks like clockwork. Now, when I first started CTL I did my slingshot only when I found myself on a "slow loss" week. At that time I was loosing 2-3 pounds a week, but ocassionally I would be under 1 pound for a loss... so I would do the slingshot then.

The last several months I've done the slingshot every 4 weeks. Then in November I messed with my calories, and have continued eating more and exercising more. Although, in December I found myself exercising less than November, but more than October. So I'm going to reassess by the end of the month, and decide what I'm going to do for my exercise/eating plan in January.