Dec 3 - Dec 9

Options
cklowery36
cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
Starting a new thread for a new week! Morning ladies! I've completed week 1 and just finished Fire 45. I didn't have enough juice in me to do it strong but a 500 Cal burn is darn good!

I'm focusing more on TF now because I need something to focus on while I'm going through pre-deployment drama with my husband. Things have been hard between us and before when things were good, I used to tell myself for motivation was that I was doing it for him and any children we'd have. Well, it hit me: what if we don't last? What if I don't have children? Is this really a strong enough motivation for me? It wasn't. I finally decided to do this for me. TF and every calorie burned is for me. It's MY time. I used to eat cream filled donuts to feel some kind of delight a few weeks ago. It took my cholesterol down a notch and make me feel worse in the mirror. Now I feel stronger, ready to transform into someone better and rise above my situations. When I go through the home and work drama, I say to myself, "well I did something good for me, and at least you can't affect that." This time is my personal physical and psychological power. I'm glad I found something that builds me up instead of bringing me down.

Well enough touchy feely time! Gotta handle somethings early! Have a good weekday start!

Replies

• Melzy71
    Melzy71 Posts: 150
    Options
    CK--- I am so sorry it has to be hard for military families. I don't know how yall do it and stay together with long periods of not seeing each other. It's hard enough keeping a marriage together when you see each other everyday. I never understood why they don't provide counseling for y'all because of it but I guess it's probably the money. Still yall sacrifice so much we could give at least that to you. I will keep you in my prayers. When does your husband leave? Are there any other military wives you can talk to maybe to help you get through this? Well either way you can vent on here all you want. You can even PM me if you want to. =)

I am going to be doing Shoulders and Arms today. I was going to wimp out because I tweaked my knee somehow yesterday but I was like well I wont be running up and down the stairs during my workout so I can still do it. My hubby is home apparently he got the odd bug I had last week. OOPS. He is staying home today from work. He must not feel good cause he never stays home sick. I am not sure where I got it but I think it is what gave me the migraine also. I hope he feels better later. If it is what I had then he will.

Jen--- I am still thinking and praying for you! Glad you posted yesterday. =)
  • cklowery36
    Options
    Thanks Melzy! :flowerforyou: Actually, counseling and other wonderful supportive services are offered to the military and immediate family members! Isn't that great news?! :smile: My husband leaves in 30 DAYS!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: So right now, we're not going to counseling, but I DEFINITELY will be once he leaves, I'm very glad that I found the services for it since he'll be gone for over a year. Also, there are really good unofficial message boards with spouses, fiances and girlfriends of service folks who've been there and they're SO fabulous and helpful. I also have family and prayer so even though we're having a REALLY rough time (worst ever) :brokenheart: , I still believe in my heart that we'll be okay after this go-round.

Please feel better - both you and your hubby.

And Jeni, it's such a coincidence! Like Melzy I was thinking about and praying for you this morning! :bigsmile:
  • jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys soooo much for the well wishes =) i appreciate it very much!

Even though I didn't work out this week I did my weekly weigh-in... and I dropped 2 lbs, but didn't even lose half an inch anywhere. Usually I lose a couple of inches before losing a lb. I think I liked it better when I was actually getting smaller!!
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I still kickin, barly. Ha, I stayed up late getting bday party invites done last night and now I really need to go to bed, but I wanted to write first. :) I love to be able to check in with you guys. I did fire 30 and upper 20 today. Not my best workout but I muscled through it.

Jeni- congrats on weight loss either way i think i'd be happy. Your still shrinking just differently this time. :)

Melzy-Hope you keep recovering and hubby feels better soon. I hate when they get sick, my hubby is as bad as my kids when his is sick. Meanwhile no sick days for mom lol.

Ck- Marriage is hard and everyone says it gets easier but i don't think it does as life will always happen and changes everything once you get comfy. Aleast that is how it is for me and I have been married 10 years come may. I'd like to tell you it will be alright but I can't but I can tell you when you take care of yourself for YOU, you make a change in the right direction. :)

I count you all as my friends and pray offen for each one of you, even my newier friends. Life can be really hard and sometimes it's nice to vent or cry or just talk about what's going on in our lives. This site is about fittnessand weight loss but in reallity it's about a life change and with that you have other things that happen along the way. Stress is the biggest weight gainer I meet in people......well I ate to much because I was upset or I didn't eat cause I was upset...... I am holding fat on my belly, cause of stress, I workout cause of stress ect. I don't know everything there is to know about you all but it really is nice to say hey I care, and am here for you. I see things differently then other people who may know you better. A wider pic lets say. :) Ok so I am now rambling and I just wanted to say Thanks for being my friends and keeping me going when i wanna quit, I hope to return the favor for you ladies. We are all on this long and winding road togather. Keep up the great work.

PS As ck stated sorry to get all touchy feely or mushy as I say.....I for one have a excuse. It's getting close to TOM. :( Have a great night.
  • lucy_878
    lucy_878 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

I am under the weather. Feeling terrible. I have not been working out because of my sinus and now my back is acting crazy. My Advance DVDs are slated to be here this week (why does it take so long). I probably will not resume TF until I am feeling better. I am working on my eating so that i do not put any weight back on, but I don't like not being able to workout :cry: I am checking the board and continuing to be inspired by my TF ladies. I hope to be back in stride next week. I am also going to make sure I am completing my food journal. I get so tired at night from the sinus cough and headache that I forgoet to push complete...sheesh. Keep up the good work ladies!
  • Melzy71
    Options
    Vini--- So sweet! I consider yall my friends also. My workout buddies. It's what I call you to my hubby.

CK-- LOL shows you what I know. I am glad they have counseling for you in the military. That is something yall need. Not know if your husband will come back from a deployment has to be hard. Moving all over the world every other year is hard! I am glad for military, firemen, police, all of the ones that risk their lives to protect and preserve freedom. =)

Jeni--- Great job on the lbs lost! You are doing so great and have come so far. =)

Some of us are sick this week, which sucks!!!! I am ok now. First day head ache free!!! I have migraines 2 or 3 times a year. I used to have them once a month. That sucked. I think this time it was brought on by this weird bug we have. My hubby ended up going to work yesterday anyway. His co-workers were fussing at him but he couldn't get any work done. I told him to go upstairs and work out of my office/crafting/workout room but he just went to work. <shrug> It's ok to take a few days off when you feel bad so no feeling guilty y'all! We are doing awesome and we have come a long way. Keep on pushing play

I did x stretch today. I didn't do the whole hour because I got to about the 45 min mark and was like oh my gosh does this ever end??? lol I feel better though. Tomorrow is core synergistics. If I don't log in tomorrow it's because it killed me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It is sooo hard but I am going to do it!

Hope yall feel better and have great guilt free days off those of us taking breaks. Those that keep pushing play great job! =)
  • Melzy71
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/811344--this-girl-is-on-fire

For inspiration. Hey when yall feel down you should read the success boards. There are some awesome inspiration stories on there like this lady. She has lupus! Makes me happy to be so healthy but that I have no excuse to not workout! =D
  • cklowery36
    Options
    Hi ladies. I skipped my workout this morning. I think I'm doing HIIT 20 / Stretch 10.

I need a big push from you. It's looking rather bleak between my hubby and me :brokenheart: , and I feel myself sliding into a funk that I don't wish to and cannot afford to get into. :sad: I don't want to go back to that distracted, donut-eating, depressed shell that I was because of this pre-deployment stress and possible (dare I say it?) separation. :brokenheart:

I will have to seek counseling obviously, but I'd really like some immediate encouragement in continuing a healthy lifestyle. I want to workout and eat well today - it's just that my mind and heart are not into it.
  • jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    CK, I had no idea you were a military wifey, too! Which branch are you, and which base are you guys stationed at? I know there is a group leaving soon from my husband's base, Fort Eustis. Since he has a re-enlistment package in for a year long school, he couldn't go with them this time. If you need someone to talk to, hit me up girl! My hubby and I went through a really rough patch before he left for basic training a couple years ago. I think it was mostly due to the stress we both were feeling at the time. One of my army-wife friends says that her hubby tries to distance himself from her whenever he has to leave and turns really cold, which always makes her feel bad. So don't worry, you're not alone.

Also, does your chaplain put on marriage retreats? They do here, and we've gone to them a couple of times. I found that they really help.
  • cklowery36
    Options
    Thanks Jeni & co, I worked out and I felt better. Tomorrow's my well deserved rest day. I just decided I'm gonna do it when I come in from work. Good burn! 266 calories burned!
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    JUst checking in. I started Week 1 of the regular class schedule yesterday and loving it. Today was my 1st HIIT class and I know I didn't give it 110% this morning...was trying to get coordinated with those moves.

I was feeling extra energy and just finished Fire 45 and Stretch 40. I now see why there are so many Stretch days on the Prep schedule. I'm ready for sleep and I will definetly take advantage of my rest day tomorrow. I have an all day/night family gathering tomorrow.

Good night ladies. I will catch up with all the posts in a few days (sorry).
  • Melzy71
    Options
    I didn't do the Core workout. lol I hate it and thought why do I want to torture myself isn't this for fun???? I did HIIT 15 instead. I had tons of energy. I got through all the hiit sessions except for 1 and jumped. I feel great!

Now off to eat something and take a shower.

Hang in there CK. Praying for you girl. =)
  • cklowery36
    Options
    Thanks Melzy, and I agree. I won't workout if there's a class on there I don't like, so I replace it with one I do. I'm not big on the sculpting ones although I want to shape my body a bit more too, so if I can, I'll trudge through it, but if I'm not feeling it that day, then I don't! Better to workout doing something you enjoy, than to dread the not-so-fun one and then find some mental excuse to ditch it. Good for you! :drinker:
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I worked out yesturday, I did Fire30 and abs 10. I was supposed to do fire 55 and abs 10, not enough hours in a day. I didn't workout today, I had to do fire 60 and stretch 10, so I will be doing that tomro. I have to finish christmas cards and between getting things for my sons bday, school calssroom projects, christmas shopping and I had a tastefully simple meeting last night. Busy, Busy, Busy and I only have one in preschool. How do people do it? Well I got to get back to it, if I want any sleep tonight that is. lol, I hope you have a great night ladies, Keep pushing play. =)
  • cklowery36
    Options
    Way to go Vini!

Hi ladies! Today was HIIT 15/ Sculpt 30. I did about 5 minutes of the sculpt. Just didn't have the patience or the juice. It's okay though, 243 cals burned! Time to refuel, get to work and weigh in at weight watchers. KPP!
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I so did not want to press play today. I had a long day/night yesterday (my uncle's funeral)....mini reunion of relatives I haven't seen in a long time, unhealthy eating etc. I did not login at all yesterday and I'm just feeling so off today.

I did press play on Fire 30/Stretch 10 and boy, did I modify. I still got my sweat on...I just didn't feel the usual endorphin high. I hope I am not coming down with anything. I just feel so ugh.
  • cklowery36
    Options
    I'm very sorry for your lost Stel - my prayers are with your family. It takes a lot out of you, but it seems that you're adapting quite well considering the difficult time that is affecting you and your family. By staying focused but flexible, I'm confident you'll weather the storm and be back to your normal energy levels sooner than expected.
  • cklowery36
    Options
    Weight Watchers weigh in? 165.6...2.2lbs! Yeah boyeee!
  • Melzy71
    Options
    Sorry I didn't press play today. This virus is kicking my butt. Now both of my knees hurt. It feels like I injured them but um I didn't do anything unusual for the past 2 days. My hubby is bad sick too. I hate these mutant viruses. I will take a it easy until my knees feel better. I don't want to injure them for real. Maybe I will do some light stretching and core work tomorrow.

Congrats on the loss CK. =)
  • cklowery36
    Options
    Thanks Mel, feel better!

I just finished Fire 55 EZ. Feeling fine, but still slightly uneasy in the house with the hubby. Our counseling session went well enough, but it's still rough right now. I only say this because these things really do affect weight, habits and eating. I see that even the very intimate details that rock the boat are interconnected. I'm learning that if I go by how I feel, I'll never get stronger, fitter, or healthier. I have to press and focus and the funny thing is that Turbo Fire's all I've got working well for me right now. I think that's why I feel so driven even though I want to quit sometimes.

Well enough soul searching gum flapping! Gotta go! KPP ladies!