What's your motivation?

Options
cklowery36
cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
Morning ladies! I've completed week 1 and just finished Fire 45. I didn't have enough juice in me to do it strong but a 500 Cal burn is darn good!

I'm focusing more on TF now because I need something to focus on while I'm going through pre-deployment drama with my husband. Things have been hard between us and before when things were good, I used to tell myself for motivation was that I was doing it for him and any children we'd have. Well, it hit me: what if we don't last? What if I don't have children? Is this really a strong enough motivation for me? It wasn't. I finally decided to do this for me. TF and every calorie burned is for me. It's MY time. I used to eat cream filled donuts to feel some kind of delight a few weeks ago. It took my cholesterol down a notch and make me feel worse in the mirror. Now I feel stronger, ready to transform into someone better and rise above my situations. When I go through the home and work drama, I say to myself, "well I did something good for me, and at least you can't affect that." This time is my personal physical and psychological power. I'm glad I found something that builds me up instead of bringing me down.

Well enough touchy feely time! Gotta handle somethings early! So, what's YOUR motivatioon? Have a good weekday start!

Replies

• cookiemahnster
    cookiemahnster Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes! That's awesome! I'm doing it for me too - I have ALWAYS been overweight and I want to see what I look (and feel) like when I'm not! And I want to live a healthy life for as long as possible. There is a history of heart problems in my family and I don't want any part of that.

Some new motivation came out of getting engaged - now I want to look good in my wedding dress as well :) Well first, I want to not be scared of going dress shopping, then I want to find an amazing dress, and then I want to look amazing :)

Congrats on finishing week 1!!