Hi All!

Options
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself!

Just found out at the weekend that I am pregnant with my 2nd little bundle of joy, and am currently around 4 1/2 weeks. Had an inkling about a week ago but didn't want to test until I was sure I'd missed my period! We are thrilled and can't wait to go through this amazing journey for the second time round.

Hope to make lots of new friends here and use you all for advice, etc, while trying to maintain my weight on MFP for both baby AND me!! I had been trying to lose weight before finding out and was eating around 1200 cals a day, and exercising (quite intensely)around 3-4 times a week. Since finding out I have upped my intake to 1570 as I just don't think 1200 would be safe for baby or myself and I'm planning on doing lower impact workouts to try and stay fit.

Please feel free to add me as I could sure use the support! After the birth of my daughter I had gained about 3 stone, and I'm hoping, with all your help and my willpower, that I can keep my gain to a minimum this time round!!

Look forward to getting to know you all!!

Louise x

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself!

Just found out at the weekend that I am pregnant with my 2nd little bundle of joy, and am currently around 4 1/2 weeks. Had an inkling about a week ago but didn't want to test until I was sure I'd missed my period! We are thrilled and can't wait to go through this amazing journey for the second time round.

Hope to make lots of new friends here and use you all for advice, etc, while trying to maintain my weight on MFP for both baby AND me!! I had been trying to lose weight before finding out and was eating around 1200 cals a day, and exercising (quite intensely)around 3-4 times a week. Since finding out I have upped my intake to 1570 as I just don't think 1200 would be safe for baby or myself and I'm planning on doing lower impact workouts to try and stay fit.

Please feel free to add me as I could sure use the support! After the birth of my daughter I had gained about 3 stone, and I'm hoping, with all your help and my willpower, that I can keep my gain to a minimum this time round!!

Look forward to getting to know you all!!

Louise x

Welcome, and congratulations! My name is Rebecca, and I am 15w1d today with my second baby. Many of us here were on the same track you were before finding out we were pregnant, so you're in good company :smile: I lost my energy for my 5-6 days/week workouts, so I've gone down to once a week (December challenge is at least 3x/week for me), and I had to eat constantly, plus lots of carbs, to keep morning sickness at bay. I'm past that but am having trouble breaking my habits now.

Here is a link to the main portion of this group, which has FAQs about calorie goal-setting during pregnancy: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant

Long story short, though, what most of us do is change our settings to maintenance for the 1st trimester, to 1/2-lb gain for the 2nd, then 1-lb gain for the 3rd. I set mine to maintenance but have been gaining weight like nobody's business, so I've kept it at maintenance even though I'm now in the 2nd tri. I am super flexible about it anyway, so I assure you that I am not starving myself.

However, even at/below maintenance calories, once morning sickness kicks in, you may not be able to eat much anyway! Hopefully you'll dodge that bullet :wink:

Anyway, hi!
  • lucylouhunter84
    lucylouhunter84 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Rebecca and thanks so much for the link - I will be definitely having a look when I get a free 10 minutes or so. Congrats on your second baby too - hope everything is going smoothly.

Feeling nauseous in the morning for a little while then it gives way to pure hunger! So no doubt I'll be gaining like nobody's business too! Although I really want to keep it to a minimum this time round!

I've set my cals to maintenance, I had upped it to 1500 but decided to take it to maintenance (around 2000 mark) and go from there. I am pretty flexible with it too and I definitely will NOT starve myself - I don't think I'd be overweight in the 1st place if I had ever done that lol!!

And I totally agree with you about the sickness! I am hoping it doesn't get too bad as I'm dreading it ruining my Xmas dinner!! With my 1st I had nausea all the way through Xmas and New Year so couldn't face food or the smell of it at all! Gonna keep fingers crossed!

Thanks again!

x