Grapenuts?!!? Is that all we got?!? Siiiiiiigh! 12/3

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Ok, since this is the start of a new week and not only is the popular question, "what am I going to have for dinner?" it is also "What can I get fast for breakfast?"
Well, how about cereal?! A great quick easy and no thinking or fancy tools needed! WOO HOO! You can add good things like a banana, peaches or apples to it...go wild! Or keep it simple and just add milk whether soy, the moooo, or rice or even almond!

Here is a fun quiz to take to make you feel like a kid again! http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjefferson/are-you-a-cereal-expert

Here is some good information on eating the best cereals so you get full and the nutrients you need for better start to your day.
(you could also eat it as dessert as I do sometimes!)http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=10_of_the_best_cereals_you_should_be_eating

Peace,
WW

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, because I am gluten free, there are not a lot of good whole grain, high fiber breakfast cereals out there for me. I mostly have Chex (which lasts me about 20 minutes!) But I have turned that into a nighttime snack (no milk just the cereal) when I need something crunchy. And occassionally on the weekends, I'll have it if I know I'm going to be around the house and can eat an apple or something when I start to get the munchies.
    Otherwise, breakfast cereal is Oatmeal or Cream of Rice... sigh, I miss Life and Cheerios
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, because I am gluten free, there are not a lot of good whole grain, high fiber breakfast cereals out there for me. I mostly have Chex (which lasts me about 20 minutes!) But I have turned that into a nighttime snack (no milk just the cereal) when I need something crunchy. And occassionally on the weekends, I'll have it if I know I'm going to be around the house and can eat an apple or something when I start to get the munchies.
    Otherwise, breakfast cereal is Oatmeal or Cream of Rice... sigh, I miss Life and Cheerios

Wow - there have to be a lot more gluten free cereals than oatmeal. Check at the natural food stores or check out Bob's RedMill brand. I love the ones with buckwheat which is not a wheat cereal but something else. I also like rice in the morning - hot with a little cinnamon and raisins seems like a dreamy way to start the day.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I have checked them, the ones at my natural food store use soy lechtin in them, allergic to soy as well. It's all good though, the Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free oatmeal is actually pretty good, this time of year I add a couple tablespoons of pumpkin, some cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, and a drizzle of maple syrup
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am actually tryin to QUIT cereal! Try to eat more eggs, veggies, and meat for breakfast. Made a delicious ham and broccoli paleo frittata yesterday that will last me all week! I just throw a piece in the microwave while I do my makeup in the morning :)
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Are You A Cereal Expert?
    You got 20 out of 20 right!

*trying to decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing!*

I used to eat Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds quite a bit. Now I sometimes eat Kashi's Go Lean.

WW, cereal is a good option for me when I'm in a hurry; thanks for the reminder.

One of my goals this week is to eat breakfast every day. Sometimes I eat too few calories in the am, and then I feel super-hungry at night even if I've made up for those too few calories throughout the day. At least, this is what I perceive to be the case. I decided yesterday to eat a decent breakfast each day this week to see if that helps me manage hunger. A high-protein cereal with fruit, a few nuts, and almond milk will work for one of those meals.

BTW, WW, I'm often amazed that your challenges seem to mirror topics I'm thinking about, too...it happens quite a bit! :smile:
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My breakfast: Homemade greek yogurt with some honey, 1/2 banana and cereal: Honey Bunches of Oats Fruit Blends.
    Not the healthies cereal choice but with the yogurt and the banana it wasn't too bad.
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I like cereal, but generally as a snack or "dessert" before bed. For breakfast I like Raisin and Spice oatmeal or plain oatmeal with peanut butter or nutella mixed in plus a banana. I also do a lot of protein shakes with a piece of fruit or with frozen fruit mixed in. And some days only a peanut butter and banana sandwich will do.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    BTW, WW, I'm often amazed that your challenges seem to mirror topics I'm thinking about, too...it happens quite a bit! smile

Hey! You didn't know my rope is not only a truth sayer (sp) but it helps me also see your mind! OOOOhhh AAAAHHH!!!!!!!!

I got 18 out of 20! I also like cereal over yogurt...I also like to mix cereals...a light one like puffs with a more heavy cereal like kashi. Get more volume!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I got 19 out of 20 because I mistakenly clicked when my cursor was not on the right one. Oh well.

Yesterday for breakfast my son made me an Elvis sandwich. Creamy peanut butter and banana on wheat bread. It was delicious!

I typically do not eat cereal for breakfast because it does not fill me. I always want more and more and more. I just love my bread carbs too much! It is like potato chips to Wonder Woman.

Today I made Elvis bread. I modified a banana bread recipe by adding peanut butter. I am all the way on the third floor and can smell the beautiful aroma of fresh baked bread. If you are in the Monroe, Michigan area stop in. I promise I will share.