PLAN FOR THE WEEK (12/3-12/9)

Options
Good morning!

Hey guys, here's what I've got planned for the week. I'm seriously upping my workouts since I have started training for GORUCK. Our challenge is May 18th so I'm starting to prep for it now!

MONDAY:
-CHALEAN/ZUMBA
-WALK-LUNCH
-RUN 2 MI

TUESDAY:
-RUN 3 MI
-WALK-LUNCH

WEDNESDAY:
-MUSICAL PRACTICE
-WALK-LUNCH
-RUN 2 MI

THURSDAY:
-WALK-LUNCH
-RUN 3 MI

FRIDAY:
-CHALEAN/ZUMBA
-WALK-LUNCH
-RUN 2 MI

SATURDAY:
-GORUCK TRAINING (RUN 3 MILES)
-MUSICAL PRACTICE

SUNDAY:
-RUN 3 MI

What does everyone else have planned?!?

Replies

• cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don't have a plan. What should I do? I tried so hard to lose weight for my daughters baptism and now that it is gone I feel lost. I need some goals. I don't know what to do with myself anymore. Im making bad decisions with my food but I want to start all over. I like your plan for the week. I would love to run but I am too busy and with my 4 kids running is out of the question. Can you help me create a plan for my week.

I work out at home with my DVD's. I drink lots of water. I used to work out in the morning before everyone woke up but now that I have a new addition its hard so I work out at night time.

Any ideas?
  • rinn1791
    Options
    I like to workout before work. I like to get it out of the way and then do "bonus" workouts after work (time permitting). If I wait until AFTER work-a lot of times it doesn't get done. I make excuses for myself about how "hard I worked" and how "tired I am". Truth is...I'm tired of being overweight and not being able to do the things I want to because I'm embarrassed of how I look and my LACK of stamina.

I love Mondays because I can "plan for the week" I make a PUBLIC post, print it and post it somewhere where I will see it.

One of the challenges I'm doing right now is 100 miles in December. Just as the title suggests-complete 100 miles (any way you want to) before the end of December.

My suggestion:
    Start with a SMART goal (SPECIFIC, MEASURABLE, ATTAINABLE, REALISTIC, TIMELINE)

Create a SPECIFIC and MEASURABLE goal-What exactly do you want to do? How much do you want to weigh, how long do you want to workout, how often, etc. etc.

With ATTAINABLE and REALISTIC requirements-Do not create goals like "I'M GOING TO WORKOUT FOR 6 HOURS EACH DAY"-if the goal is not realistic or attainable then you will only be disappointed when it inevitably fails.

Put a TIMELINE on it (due dates)-Set a realistic due date for yourself (like you did with your daughter's baptism)

REWARD YOURSELF (not with food). When you meet your goal-how will you celebrate? Buy a new purse? New pair of shoes? Or even have a girls day.

BE CONSISTENT-set aside time each day you plan to workout and follow through. It's hard to be consistent I know! I have MULTIPLE accountabil-a-buddies lol I like to go on walks during my lunch break with a fellow coworker, workout with my younger sisters and this group too!

Feel free to personal message me if you need anything specific!
  • stacy_1971
    stacy_1971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Here's my exercise plan for the rest of the week:

Tues, 12/4:
    Treadmill 30 mins
    "Ripped" class
    Weights (upper & lower)

Wed, 12/5:
    Treadmill 30 mins
    Walk my dog 30 mins

Thurs, 12/6:
    Treadmill 30 mins
    "Ripped" class
    Weights (upper & lower)

Fri, 12/7:
    Treadmill, 30 mins
    Walk my dog 30 mins
    Yoga Basics class

Sat, 12/8:
    Treadmill, 30 mins
    Walk my dog 30 mins

Sun, 12/9:
    Day of rest
  • rinn1791
    Options
    Great plan stacy_1971!!
  • cecyvaquero
    Options
    Thanks Rinn

I am going to try out your plan.
  • cecyvaquero
    Options
    Thanks Rinn

I am going to try out your plan. Im going to work harder at getting up in the morning to work out.

Thank you so much. Have a nice day
  • rinn1791
    Options
    CECYVAQUERO-how is your plan going? Are you able to wake up early enough to workout before you start your day?!?
  • cecyvaquero
    Options
    Rinn

I am waking up a few minutes earlier but not actually getting out of bed. Starting on Monday I am going to put my alarm clock an hour early. Once Im awake I will get up. I will let you know how that goes. Thank god I am a morning person.
  • rinn1791
    Options
    Thank god I am a morning person.

Oh boy, do I wish I was!!!!