Best maternity jeans EVER

Options
ehg87
ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
Let me just share...I HATE maternity pants, and try to avoid them at all costs but found myself exploding out of my jeans 2 weeks ago. I did a little online shopping black Friday, and stumbled across JCPenny's maternity section. While they do not have many options in the jean dept. I did find the most comfy, best fitting maternity jeans I have ever owned. Granted I understand this will vary person to person as everyone started with a different body type. But I was down to approx 150 pre baby, and am 5'7. I ordered a medium & these jeans not only fit great length wise, but they have an underbelly band instead of the obnoxious over belly band that makes my belly hot, sweaty and itchy & they don't lose their shape as the day progresses. So before I forget; the brand is Common Genes. I got them on sale for $21 during black Friday (free shipping), but they're only $30 not on sale. I'll definitely be ordering another pair to get me thru the winter. K, just thought I'd share :)

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    We do not have any maternity stores where I live, so I have been having to live off small finds from Target and JCPenney. I am at the point where I need some more pants so I went into my local JCPenney who informed me they have discontinued their maternity section. Uggh!!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Let me just share...I HATE maternity pants, and try to avoid them at all costs but found myself exploding out of my jeans 2 weeks ago. I did a little online shopping black Friday, and stumbled across JCPenny's maternity section. While they do not have many options in the jean dept. I did find the most comfy, best fitting maternity jeans I have ever owned. Granted I understand this will vary person to person as everyone started with a different body type. But I was down to approx 150 pre baby, and am 5'7. I ordered a medium & these jeans not only fit great length wise, but they have an underbelly band instead of the obnoxious over belly band that makes my belly hot, sweaty and itchy & they don't lose their shape as the day progresses. So before I forget; the brand is Common Genes. I got them on sale for $21 during black Friday (free shipping), but they're only $30 not on sale. I'll definitely be ordering another pair to get me thru the winter. K, just thought I'd share :)

AWESOME! I need to go to their maternity dept, especially because last time (when I was much heavier, hence why I don't have any maternity clothes anymore - I sold them!) I got nice pants for work there that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Everyone else wants to charge $40 and up per pair, and anything less expensive is in weird sizes and/or styles. (I'm looking at you, Motherhood Maternity, with your green or pink pinstripes? Really?) They were normal and looked good, plus they were comfortable. Honestly I did better there with maternity clothes than anywhere else!

I was about 160 pre-pregnancy, and I'm 5'7", too, so I'll be sure to check out those jeans! I definitely need something to wear on the weekends, and an underbelly band is fine. Even at $30 a pair, I would only need two pairs, plus last time I bought Motherhood jeans, which were probably $40 or $45. I thought they were a good splurge, but I ended up HATING them!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    We do not have any maternity stores where I live, so I have been having to live off small finds from Target and JCPenney. I am at the point where I need some more pants so I went into my local JCPenney who informed me they have discontinued their maternity section. Uggh!!

I couldn't find it last time I was in the store, but admittedly I didn't ask anyone. However, I was looking online at a pair of pants, and their site said I could find them at my local store. So I'm assuming I wasn't looking hard enough.

Sorry you don't have a maternity section anymore :frown:

Target is hit or miss for me (and usually it's the situation where I either want to buy half the store or zero), and Old Navy has a good maternity selection, I feel, that is reasonably priced. However, the nearest Old Navy with a maternity section is two hours away from me, so I am pretty much stuck with online purchases.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I traveled about an hour away from home and found a GAP Maternity store...AMAZING deals. Plus all of the tops I got are SO comfortable. I even texted my friend (who is recently pregnant) to let her know to go there when she needs to start buying clothes!
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    i finally gave in and got my first pair of maternity skinny jeans from h&M! best buy ever. $20 on sale. lol I've been wearing my regular pants but the rubber band trick didn't work anymore.