which other dvd would be the right one for me?

Options
CnocNaCu
CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
Hi guys, just wondering if you could recommend other dvds than the few I already have .
I have:
5 mile fat burning walk (love it)
Walk slim- 5 really big miles (so...ok )
5 day walk plan (really love it)
4 mile power walk ( it's a very good one,too)

I am looking for Leslie S. dvds for advanced walkers with fast miles (12 mins or so) and boosts/surges ; I really like intense walks.
Oh, and -if possible- newer ones, not the ones with the walkers looking like Bond girls :wink:
Any ideas? It's very important because hubby wants to get me some for xmas, but he has to order them from the US. We can't get all dvds here and usually they are very expensive.
Thanks for your help :flowerforyou:

Replies

• princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    What? NO Bond girls?? and i assume not too many grapevine kick-backs. LOL

I just got a new one in the mail yesterday from collage video ( thanks texasgarnr for the heads up! ). It's a Just walk Belly Blasting Walk, it's a 2 miler, let me try it out this morning and will give you a review.

Last week I thought i was ordering a DVD from an email I got from Walk at Home - turns out it was a download, which doesn't work for me. Anyway, it's called 5K with a twist. I may try the download but plan to order the DVD from collagevideo.com

Looking forward to reading some more responses!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I love 5k with a twist! Also an older one walk away the pounds express super challenge 4mi
  • princessf1
    Options
    Ok, I just did the Just Walk Belly - Blasting Walk - it's 2 Miles of new boosted moves ( skaters like JM does and deep squats like Chalene ! ) Alot of time is boosted moves. :tongue:

Wow! And I did it! I just hope my knee doesn't start up again! Then she has 2 floor sessions at the end, I just did the first one and again - I did them all with her! I know my abs are going to be screaming later - I hope so, my belly is too much! :sad:

I LOVE THIS ONE! I know it's only 2 miles but you all know how I like variety, so my new favorite 2 mile. I really like the Just Walk Series!!:smile:

Got it at collagevideo.com and I just ordered 5K with a twist. LOL STOP ME SOMEBODY PLEASE! :bigsmile:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    My newest dvd of Leslies is Walk Your Belly Flat. I really like it. It's just Leslie and you. Lot's of boosting going on. In fact, she is never still. Even when she is just marching in place after say, side steps, she is moving up and back a few paces. I've never seen her do that before, but she does it through the entire dvd. There's jogging in place and she does kicks with a little hop on her toes. Sounds complicated but it's not.

Some things not to love: Lot's of mis-cues and is out of synic a few times.

Other than that, it's a real calorie burner.

Love the reference to bond girls. :-) I too was a little turned off by the latest crews. I guess she is trying to reach younger audiences because let's face it, as a nation, we are not doing well fitness wise. That may sound ageist, but I'm not. I just like a diverse group of walkers. I also enjoy working out with just her from time to time.

I would love to see workouts created for certain fitness levels such as Advanced. All advanced miles would be great. She could either leave out all the instruction regarding how to do a side step and knee lifts or she could put that in an introduction. Then she could focus on fitness tips and health tips if she wants that are geared to the level she is teaching. People like most of us have been doing her workouts for years and know pretty much how to do the steps and all about "juice in the joints". It would be great for her to "speak to us" at a different level.
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    Ok, I just did the Just Walk Belly - Blasting Walk - it's 2 Miles of new boosted moves ( skaters like JM does and deep squats like Chalene ! ) Alot of time is boosted moves. :tongue:

Wow! And I did it! I just hope my knee doesn't start up again! Then she has 2 floor sessions at the end, I just did the first one and again - I did them all with her! I know my abs are going to be screaming later - I hope so, my belly is too much! :sad:

I LOVE THIS ONE! I know it's only 2 miles but you all know how I like variety, so my new favorite 2 mile. I really like the Just Walk Series!!:smile:

Got it at collagevideo.com and I just ordered 5K with a twist. LOL STOP ME SOMEBODY PLEASE! :bigsmile:

As you wish: STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP !!!
    LOL thank you so much for the reviews. I have checked both on youtube and think they are GREAT:bigsmile: So I can put them on my list. Have also checked: Collagevideo do sent to Europe :happy:
    Happy walking, princess, and all the best for your abs :wink:
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    I love 5k with a twist! Also an older one walk away the pounds express super challenge 4mi
    Thank you:flowerforyou: I will check them out on youtube and put them on my list:happy:
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    My newest dvd of Leslies is Walk Your Belly Flat. I really like it. It's just Leslie and you. Lot's of boosting going on. In fact, she is never still. Even when she is just marching in place after say, side steps, she is moving up and back a few paces. I've never seen her do that before, but she does it through the entire dvd. There's jogging in place and she does kicks with a little hop on her toes. Sounds complicated but it's not.

Love the reference to bond girls. :-) I too was a little turned off by the latest crews. I guess she is trying to reach younger audiences because let's face it, as a nation, we are not doing well fitness wise. That may sound ageist, but I'm not. I just like a diverse group of walkers. I also enjoy working out with just her from time to time.

I would love to see workouts created for certain fitness levels such as Advanced. All advanced miles would be great. She could either leave out all the instruction regarding how to do a side step and knee lifts or she could put that in an introduction. Then she could focus on fitness tips and health tips if she wants that are geared to the level she is teaching. People like most of us have been doing her workouts for years and know pretty much how to do the steps and all about "juice in the joints". It would be great for her to "speak to us" at a different level.

You are so right! I thought about this beginners/advanced thing a lot and I asked you here on MFP because some of the dvds are too slow for me. I love walking at home because it is so different from running and other workouts I do, but I need and love it a bit faster and challenging. For the advanced videos she could definitely drop the introduction.
    Also: for the advanced walkers over 50 - most walkers are female I assume- she could walk with lovely . handsome men. What do you think :bigsmile: I'd work out every single day LOLOLOL and maybe princess wouldn't notice her knees :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options

You are so right! I thought about this beginners/advanced thing a lot and I asked you here on MFP because some of the dvds are too slow for me. I love walking at home because it is so different from running and other workouts I do, but I need and love it a bit faster and challenging. For the advanced videos she could definitely drop the introduction.
    Also: for the advanced walkers over 50 - most walkers are female I assume- she could walk with lovely . handsome men. What do you think :bigsmile: I'd work out every single day LOLOLOL and maybe princess wouldn't notice her knees :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: --You are too funny, Girl! Amen to that.
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    Maybe.......this one ? http://youtu.be/QtYgmDEddug
    hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • princessf1
    Options
    Maybe.......this one ? http://youtu.be/QtYgmDEddug
    hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

LOL - how about some mookie burn baby!!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Older ones:

Walk and Jog - 30 minutes, 2.5 miles
    4 Fast Miles - 5 jogging intervals in this one

I'm with you - 5 Fat Burning Miles seems to be my go to lately... I like the jogging and it goes fast!