Let's all 'BAND' together and make this work! 12/4

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://www.oxygenmag.com/Training/Articles/20-Minute-Resistance-Band-Workout.aspx

Okay...comrades...I found another way for us to get it in...try reisitance bands...you have some break them out! Sadly, resistance bands do not get the 'pub' that they should. They are just as effective to tone and provide strength as dumb-bells! They are also excellent for travel, vacations or take with you to the gym!
If you don't have them consider buying. They are not too expensive...I got some for about $10. They usually have a hard, medium and light tension bands.
When I used to have a trainer...he killed us with bands....if you think they are easy may not be using to full potential! Plus, this adds variety to your routine!
Have fun!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Perhaps later tonight I will do that workout.

I have several bands with varying resistance. I used a band this morning in my 20 Second Fitness. There are times when I find that the band is more difficult than dumbbells. They do a fabulous job with toning those muscles.

Plus like Wonder Woman said, they are quite convenient for traveling. Dumbbells will put your suitcase into a heavier weight class and increasing the baggage fee. However stretch bands are flexible and light weight. This makes it easy to stick to my "No excuse policy."
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I need to buy some new ones. The last set have been around for a while and like all plastic, they do tend to loose their stretch and start becoming more brittle. Nothing like doing a move and having the band snap on you. Its quite the rubber band action. I like to combine band work with my ball while I watch tv. Can you tell? I'm a multi-task girl. Sometimes that fails me if I forget to pay attention to form. :laugh:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I use them at the gym with Super Trainer, but I do need to replace the one I have at home since it's kinda brittle, but oddly enough I ended up looking at a jump rope (not sure what I think I'm going to do with that!)
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I think i'm about maxed out on workouts for the day. The 30 Day Shred is killing me and my muscles. Haha

I did buy some resistance bands a while back though and i've used them several times. I really felt like they gave my muscles a great workout and they definitely made me feel stronger. This kind of inspires me to bust them out again and do a workout, but I'll probably wait until tomorrow. :)