my story on G aluten and Kidney disease

Options
CALIECAT
CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
This is my story and quite a shock to me to fine out about it. I know it is too early to really belive this for i just found out las week throu my lab work. For this is the first connetions I have of gluten and Kidneys.

I am really put out with the docters.Why do they keep htings so secretly. I was told their was nothing I coulld do for my kidney desease but to cut out a lot of protein, like 2 oz a meal. But did not tell me to cut out gluten But in a short period of 4 weeks by going gluten free my coutnt went from 20 to 58 Which I read somewhere the normal range is 40 to 70. Which I fall in that range. now since i am gluten free. When my primary doctor told me my count was 58. I told her I have been eating gluten free and she said that explain it. But that was all she said But told me to stay on it as if she was telling me somethin she was not to tell me.. I had my doubts that was a mistake reading. But after readingg up on gluten and kidney disease i don't think so. . i know it is early in my new way of eating. But my mind is at ease for I have been dreding when the time comes that I would have to go and have my blood clean out 3 or 4 times a week,, and thats what I had to look forward too. I certainly hope this gluten free eating will keep that from happening. right now I am a believer. a friend telling me how much it would help me with my direaha and consitpation so I thought i would try it. Thank you so much for getting me to try this plan even tho I had no ideal it would help my kidney. So I wonder what all else it will help. I think everyone should eleminate gluten from our diets. It is an evil thing. For four years I have been having to do a 24 hour urine draw every fout to 6 month. I cancel my next appoinment and will resheule it after My kidney count stabilize. and then go in and let her check up me. I think it ia all about money Sorry to go on about this but i think I have been betrayed by the medical doctors. But had to get it off my mind. thanks for listenting to me

Marie

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Gluten can definitely impact kidneys/kidney disease. I'd highly recommend Celiac Nurse's book (http://celiacnurse.com/) to detail the various areas that gluten can impact.

Are you on any blood pressure meds? My dad (also celiac) was put on blood pressure meds that made his kidneys fail. Luckily, he regained function when he figured out that it was the meds that were affecting his kidneys.