When to schedule Alterations???

Options
Hey Y'all!!
So I cancelled an alterations apt for tonight that they pressured me into making a few months ago.
My wedding is 04/05/13. Ideally I wanted to wait until at least Feb to make the apt because I bought a size 14 in May and my goal was to get down 2 sizes, as David's Bridal said they can make my size 14 dress a 10. I was a little annoyed they made me make at apt for Dec, they said because people get engaged during the holidays and then prom. My thought now is whatever, I can just make an appointment during the busy time.
I am down 17lbs since Sept, and I would like to loose 25lbs yet, which is totally doable in the next couple months I think. I am just confused as to when to make the alterations appointment.
Should I do Feb? or wait until March?????
Help! what are y'all planning on doing???

Replies

• charliefocus
    charliefocus Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am getting married 05/03/13 and am just ordering my dress this week! here is some info I found on theknot.com

http://wedding.theknot.com/bridal-fashion/wedding-dress-shopping/articles/final-details-wedding-fittings.aspx

seems the 1st fitting is 6-8 weeks from your wedding date and the 2nd (final?) fitting would be a month before.. so early March

i think that sounds a lilttle too close together! but I hope it helps!

and I am with you to lose 20 lbs in the next 4-5months! it is doable! but harder! thru the holidays.

:)
  • andonsmama
    Options
    thanks for the info!!! :happy:
    i think i will only go once.

are you doing a bustle? i am trying to deside as my train isn't long and i dont seem to like the bustled look.
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I heard alterations 8-10 weeks before.. I am getting married Sept 14 2013 and I am pretty sure that she said in July we'd do them.