Want to be fit - but I can't look at veggies!

Options
Anyone else? All I can keep down is junk food! I'm not gaining weight, because I'm sick enough that I can't eat a whole lot - but I always wanted to be one of those awesome healthy and fit mommas - running and eating awesomely. And I'm SOOOO exhausted and SOOOO sick. I'm switching from a salad and whole grains life to a fast food and poptarts life! :(

And don't even get me started on calcium. Apparently this baby wants to be lactose intolerant before it's even born!

So frustrating!!!

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I had an aversion to salads for all of the first and second tri and now in the third tri, it's a whenever-I'm-in-the-mood food. Hopefully for you it won't last past your first tri and you'll be able to eat those foods again sooner than later and you'll also get your energy back second tri. So just be patient and do what you can, knowing this is just temporary. Good luck!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    How far along are you?

I had a horrible time with food aversions my first trimester. That sucked.
  • embeecee
    Options
    How far along are you?

Two months. So, maybe this will get better? :)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    It should get better for you as you go along. There were some things I just never could eat during my first pregnancy - chicken and broccoli. The sight or sent of it made me sooo ill. There are a lot of different fruits and vegetables. You may find you enjoy some during pregnancy that you don't normally like. During my second pregnancy I couldn't get enough brussels sprouts or jalapenos. Yuck!
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I think your fruit/veggie aversion will go away. I could barely stomach them during my first trimester. I mean, I was like such a little kid, "Oh. Green stuff? Gross!" But in my second trimester, I really couldn't get enough of them. Now that I am 37 weeks along, I'm kind of ambivalent. Tired. Eating too many processed foods. It's all a cycle I think.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    That is totally me! I went from eating clean and going to the gym daily to only being able to hold down pizza/junk food and no energy for the gym. Don't worry about it, the most important part is holding down and eating what you can. Your multi vitamins will take care of the rest. Hopefully for you it does get better! I'm 14 weeks now and just starting to be able to eat salads and some vegetables. I hope to start going to the gym soon, although I've been walking daily and might do 10min prenatal pilates instead. Good luck!
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    How far along are you?

Two months. So, maybe this will get better? :)
    it will get better. I just wanted carbs & junk food my 1st trimester. some how i managed not to go to crazy. a little in moderation. and it defiantly got better.