RATZ!!!!!! What a girl to do now?!? ):O 12/5

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Okay, seeing how I am late today I will tell you why? I was busy taking care of car issues....I left my breakfast and lunch bag at home! MAAAAAAAAAAD! I am right now....the place downstairs is expensive and does not make the healthy salad dressings I do.
I will have to make a plan B.
What do you do in 'emergency' food situations??? Forget lunch or thought you had your wallet left at home....the staff is going to a fast food joint and you don't want to go but majority rules!
Someone ate your lunch in the work refrigerator.

Let's share ideas!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I always have a soup at work that is for the emergency day for lunch. I try to find those with low sodium. For breakfast, that's easy and almost alway eat breakfast here - oats and sometimes protein and almond milk if I'm out of yogurt from home.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I have ramen bowls and canned soup if I absolutely have to.

Otherwise, suck it up and do the fast food. Since it's fast food check their nutrition guide and figure out what you're going to get before you go. You might get lucky and find something non-bad on their menu.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    When I visited my daughter at college this past weekend I chose not to order any food. I got me a bottled water. I ate third of the chicken sandwich that my daughter did not eat and I only ate less than a kids size of french fries.

But what I have had to do, (when I have been self-disciplined), is order a toss salad, bottled water, and skip the fries. Or I might just get a sandwich. I keep thinking, "I will get the sandwich without the bun and eat with fork." But so far that is as far as it has gone, a thought. lol
  • sweetp4141
    sweetp4141 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am fortunate to be working in a home most days and when all else fails it's a PB and J sandwhich and water or a diet soda. If fast food is the only option, just choosing healthier - a salad with easy dressing, a taco with chicken/no cheese, a grilled chicken burger with no mayo/sauce with a side salad or baked potato (depending upon where you go). Staying away from the french fries (or at least limiting) and regular sodas is a big start. Sometimes if I'm really craving a regular soda though and I can fill it myself, I put 95% diet and the rest regular - usually cherry. It's a small change and I don't feel so guilty about it.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    ~ I keep a baggie of either peanuts or mixed nuts in my handbag in case I'm out and about and am in need of sustenance. They are such high calorie little things, so a handful goes a long way. They save me from getting _too_ hungry and overeating at the next meal.

~ On the weekends, I like to use the slow cooker to make soup or salsa chicken. That way I have a quick meal on hand for several days in case I need something fast.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I keep packets of GF hot cereal in my desk drawer, just in case. If I have to go for fast food, I will get a salad or if it's Wendy's I'll get a baked potato (plain) and a small chili. In a way the whole GF issue works for me in that situation, I can't just go grab a burger, ect. I have to pick someplace that I can find something to actually eat, so I can bow out of the office group order.
  • tonya_2010
    tonya_2010 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I keep backup food in the fridge for those days. They happen to me often. lol