got this message, from at girl at match

Options
4themoney
4themoney Posts: 797 Member
Hi There!

I hope that you're not offended, but I looked at your profile and thought you looked gorgeous!

How is Match working out for you? I thought Match might be an interesting channel to reach out to other girls who are interested in making new friends.... Hope to hear back ;)

THOUGHTS?? her profile says she's looking for women....... and just friends, nothing serious........ she's 31.

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I personally would ignore it, cause I'm not looking for new friends. I have enough friends @___@

BUT, if you could use another friend in your life it can't hurt to look :3
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Agreed. If having a single female friend is desirable to go out to places with, sounds like you should message back. Otherwise just ignore it.

Of course, if she starts acting like your son with the poking and pinching, she may have a different idea of 'friends'.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Agreed. If having a single female friend is desirable to go out to places with, sounds like you should message back. Otherwise just ignore it.

Of course, if she starts acting like your son with the poking and pinching, she may have a different idea of 'friends'.

"Lay down on the bed so I can jump on you!"
  • 4themoney
    Options
    he's 3 so, it's super cute from him.
    both of my kids ended up jumping on me. they stand on my back and jump in the air and then land on their butts. it's a good ab work out, LOL!!!

but, a 31 yr old woman...... it would be a come on, not cute. i'm not into girls, at all! i kissed one once and it did absolutely nothing for me!!!!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's legit. I can say that because I've done the same thing...well kinda.... but with guys? Anyway....

If she seems like someone you could hang out with get to know, maybe she's just super horrible at making friends in real life...?

Go for it. Tell her up front sure, as long as she's aware that you are not at all interested in Girl on Girl.

If your going to always wonder if she's gonna hit on you then PASS, and don't bother.

Edit: If I could find another woman who likes to fish as much as I do....then I'd probably switch over to the girls side of the dating websites and start askin.... but it seems kinda "fishy" over there.....:laugh: :bigsmile:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    The wink seems flirty, but that's me.

I had a chick come onto me on OKC. She straight up said she thought I was hot and when I asked her why she would write me (since I had it for guys only), she said she didn't care. If she thought someone was hot, she would go for it.

I admired her bravery.
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am doing something wrong hon! At least you get compliments from Girls... I can't get winks, likes or comments or emails from women or men! It's really depressing! Did I put something wrong in my profile?! UGG
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    smash and disregard.

This is the answer to 99% of all questions that men bring up about online dating. And I would use it in your case as well (if you're into women that is)
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    smash and disregard.

This is the answer to 99% of all questions that men bring up about online dating. And I would use it in your case as well (if you're into women that is)

rofl.gif
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    If you can use another girl friend then why not? I met one of my closest girl friends online... on craigslist... not a lot of ppl know that, until now. :flowerforyou:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hi There!

I hope that you're not offended, but I looked at your profile and thought you looked gorgeous!

How is Match working out for you? I thought Match might be an interesting channel to reach out to other girls who are interested in making new friends.... Hope to hear back ;)

THOUGHTS?? her profile says she's looking for women....... and just friends, nothing serious........ she's 31.

hmm I would say that the first line with the compliment is meant to distract you from the subtle undertone in the rest of the message, and I think the winky face is quite flirty and open to interpretation depending on how attractive the reader finds the sender.

or

She could just be a nice person looking for friends.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    first thought.. if OP is straight, then match girl is looking for other girls to turn out.

if you're interested then go ahead, but i seriously doubt this chick is just looking for friends unless this is the new 21st century definition of friends
  • farmers_daughter
    Options
    Why do girls gotta be so complicated! :tongue:

LADIES DON'T HATE ME!!!!!
  • 4themoney
    Options
    if i were into girls. but, i'm not :-)
    LOL!!
    smash and disregard.

• afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options

LMAO, I don't hate you! :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I'd write back and just see if she's friends material, making it clear that you're not a lesbo! You may get on as friends, you may not. It's just as hard to find compatible friends as it is to find a compatible man.

No harm done. Single people get lonely and need friends, especially if their mates are all shacked up :flowerforyou:
  • 4themoney
    Options
    why would we hate you?????

• farmers_daughter
    Options
    Well not really hate me... guess I can see the balled up paper being tossed across the room for admiting that girls are complicated. :tongue:
  • 4themoney
    Options
    oh, LOL!!
    nah, i know we are. i know we don't often make sense to others, especially men :-)

plus, i don't hate :-)
  • 4themoney
    Options
    well, i replied, platonically..... and never heard back. so, either it was a fishing expedition, spam/ troll/ whatever, or she found another girl to "be friends with" ;-)

whatevs......