This weekends goal for us October MAMA's

Options
I am going to try and set little goals for all of us to do. This will be to help us reach our goals and to help our self-esteem!

To do this weekend... at least ONCE a day today through Sunday

Look at your new LO and tell him/her how AWESOME Mommy is, yes it may be silly but I think we each need to focus on the things we like about ourselves right now. We all have taken a HUGE step to admit that we need to lose weight or become more healthy, it is hard and sometimes it is easier to beat ourselves up and give up. BUT we need to remember the things that we love about ourselves, the things other people love about us and we need to TELL ourselves out loud what those things are.

Looking at little one I would say:

Your Mommy is a strong women, someone who would give anything to help someone out, would do anything for her close friends and family, would bend over backwards for you and your brothers. Your Mommy has pretty eyes even though they are brown and nice legs. Mommy is a good cook and loves to bake but we are going to start eating healthier so the baking wont be done as often. Mommy is creative and loves planning events and loves decorating. Mommy works hard to protect the community and help the people who are in need and most importantly Mommy has four boys who love her for her and not for what she looks like, Mommy will make this change for herself and for you.

Replies

• linhy1981
    linhy1981 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Moms :) This weekend goal is to remember that WOW...you created life and brought it into this world. That is an amazing feat and you should remember that. I saw this quote and wanted to share it with you.

"Making the decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~ Elizabeth Stone

Have a wonderful weekend and be great to your heart.
  • rdow2006
    Options
    EXACTLY !! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH LINH!! Wonderfully said!

I want you ladies to share with us what you said to your LO.
  • dirtmgurt
    Options
    My goal for the weekend is to workout at least once and to track my calories even the ones I'm not proud of. I also want to take my girls to the parade with santa in town.
  • lstok873
    lstok873 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    To my little one I say "Mommy loves you, and because I love you I want you to grow up knowing food differently than I did. I want to feed you healthy choices and make it our lifestyle. I want you to never have to see that "mommy is on a diet" but that mommy eats healthy and exercise..and mommy is proud of herself".
  • rdow2006
    Options
    Love it!!!