i am officially depressed and

Options
4themoney
4themoney Posts: 797 Member
throwing in the towel.

this is really stupid, and lame, and totally girly of me, but UGH!!!

i met a guy online over a year ago. like june 2011 to be exact. we never met in person but he would text me periodically. i wasn't interested in him and all he wanted from me was sex. so, he'd ask, i'd decline. and this just kinda kept going on for the past year a half.

he's not attractive AT ALL. he's totally not my type in the least bit. but, we had become "friends." ya know.

well, i thought of him today and so i sent a hey, how are you text.

he tells me, right now, that he's met someone. and he's falling for her. that they realize they are perfect for each other. blah blah blah. all this does is make me like an even bigger loser now. i mean, if he can find someone what the h3ll is wrong with me?????

BLAH!!
i wish i were childless and catholic, i'd just go become a nun. seriously, i'm tired of all of this.

9 days and counting til i cancel my match account and get myself off all of these stupid online dating sites. sigh........

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Just because he found someone doesn't make you a loser, and just because he's not your type doesn't make him a loser. He just found his match before you found yours.

Take a bath, read a book, have some personal twirly time and revisit your thoughts before giving up completely. Ultimately you have to do what makes you happy, and you have to get there from a clear headed perspective.
  • 4themoney
    Options
    oh i know he's not a loser.
    i'm just feeling sorry for myself. like i said, it's stupid and lame. i know :-)

i'm probably jealous too.
    blah.
    i have to take my kids ice skating now. and then i'm gonna drag them to the gym so i can work out.......
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I'm having a pretty lousy day, too, but for different reasons. Sorry it's so hard to find somebody. Sometimes life just sucks for a while. But things always improve. Being lonely is tough, especially when you don't have any realistic options. Christmas is approaching, and that's not going to help...

I've actually been on a few dates recently. They were all nice, but no real spark.

I don't have any advice to give you. Hope you feel better soon. It's late here and I'm rambling. Not even drinking... :-) Anyway, time for bed.

"As you climb into an empty bed,
    Oh well, enough said."

--P
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    The way you feel is normal.

Yesterday, I learned that someone I went to college with (2 years younger than I am) gave birth. Two of my friends in college desired this woman so much that it endangered their friendship. The fact that she's now a mother makes me feel old.

When people in your social circle find someone and you are alone, it is perfectly normal to feel like horse dung.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Different situations at times but know the feeling.
    A real life lady that I would be interested in but she is taken.
    Suddenly out of no where she has split and landed with someone else.
    I have called it having a cloud of invisibility around me.
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    The way you feel is normal.

Yesterday, I learned that someone I went to college with (2 years younger than I am) gave birth. Two of my friends in college desired this woman so much that it endangered their friendship. The fact that she's now a mother makes me feel old.

When people in your social circle find someone and you are alone, it is perfectly normal to feel like horse dung.

I hear ya! All of my friends from middle school, are married! Most have kids! And I am flying solo... I also plan events, mainly weddings. I LOVE doing it, but when their big day arrives it is soooooo depressing!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I understand how you are feeling, believe me everyone experiences

this to a certain degree. Take a break from trying to find "someone" for a

while, and simply focus on improving yourself, either physically,

intellectually, or even spiritually if that is your thing. I think many times

people get way to caught up in finding a significant other that they let it consume

them and their lives. (I am not suggesting you don't have a life, jesus christ

don't misinterpret what I am saying).

Then after a good break try again. Don't worry, I sympathize with you feeling lonely.

It happens to us all.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    sorry you're feeling down.

i think all of us go through it at times. recently for me it's because of the office work party for my new job. not only do i not have a date but i'm relatively new so i dont know enough people here to be anyone's 3rd wheel in case they bring a date
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. Nothing like a depressant to chase the blues away.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I find throwing myself into the gym helps me dealing with depression. I always feel better afterwards.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Don't throw in the towel!

Everyone has been there at least once before. Have some *YOU* time and regroup.

I hope you feel better! xoxo
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    When this happens I ask myself... Would I want to be with that guy?? I know plenty of gals that start dating someone while I'm still single, but honestly... Would I want their guy?? Hmm, 9/10 times I do not.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    This just backs up the theory that there is 'someone for everyone'. Your time will come! :flowerforyou:
  • 4themoney
    Options
    I don't drink, but thanks ;-)
    Alcohol. Nothing like a depressant to chase the blues away.

I have been trying now, for a year off and on. I've been single for three years. I do single very well :-)
    I focus on a million other things. Dating certainly is not the focus of my world, nor is it in the
    Forefront of my " things to do" list, lol! That said, I would love to find someone I click with and can
    Date!!

I'm gonna get off the site. Just focus on myself and doing what I want and need to do. Accept that this is not my time nor is it my turn :-)

Thank you, all of you! I am glad to know I am
    Not the only one to feel this way :-)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I find throwing myself into the gym helps me dealing with depression. I always feel better afterwards.
    this is a good one. there's a few of us friday night weight room losers who are there until close (9 PM) were talking about going out afterwards for tacos and beers some friday after the holidays. that could be fun and if not, at least i'll get beer and tacos :drinker:
  • 4themoney
    Options
    I'm kid free this weekend. So, Friday after I drop my kids w their dad I'm going to head to golds for an hour and then to a play a friend is in. Saturday I'm going to the gym and then at noon to a CPR class. I'll probably go skating sat night or try and do the tiny bit of Christmas shopping I need to do. Sunday is church, an I'm
    Teaching Sunday school, so that will take up my Sunday. And then Monday morning it's back to the grind, lol!!!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Sorry!! I know this sucks! Keep your head up and enjoy your weekend. :)
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I'm kid free this weekend. So, Friday after I drop my kids w their dad I'm going to head to golds for an hour and then to a play a friend is in. Saturday I'm going to the gym and then at noon to a CPR class. I'll probably go skating sat night or try and do the tiny bit of Christmas shopping I need to do. Sunday is church, an I'm
    Teaching Sunday school, so that will take up my Sunday. And then Monday morning it's back to the grind, lol!!!

Sounds like a fun weekend. You should have the opportunity to meet men at all those spots (except Sunday School lol)

Volunteer to be the CPR dummy and you're guaranteed some mouth-to-mouth action!
  • 4themoney
    Options
    LOL!!! thanks ;-)
    the girl who is teaching said it will be me and three other guys ( who i am guessing are all volunteer FFs or rescue......) so, we shall see!

it's not my ideal weekend, but it will keep me from sitting at home, alone, playing spider solitaire :-)

Sounds like a fun weekend. You should have the opportunity to meet men at all those spots (except Sunday School lol)

Volunteer to be the CPR dummy and you're guaranteed some mouth-to-mouth action!
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    it is perfectly normal to feel like horse dung.

Did DM just say horse dung?? That made me snort laugh. hahahahaahaha

I wish I knew how to play spider solitaire. lol

I am sorry you feel bad =( You are a hottie .. don't worry about you .. you got this!!