Sharing my fav food/recipe

Options
lstok873
lstok873 Posts: 57 Member
So, I'm here w my LOs, eating dinner & thought I'd share my healthy meal I got from Pinterest. Now, let me inform you that I only feed my dh dinner twice a week (very lucky, his work feeds them). But, looks like you guys have toddlers too, so it may work for you in that sense!

So, shredded chicken! Boring? Not very. I put several boneless chicken breasts in crockpot approx 6-8 (i usually put one breast aside for toddler meal..i'll add that below). Mix 1/2 cup water (or more if it doesnt look like enough), 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Cook on low 6-8 hours, till it shreds. Then I take it out, shred it, put aside. I add two cups water & two boullion cubes (or just chicken broth), carrots & celery stalk..cook an additional 2 hrs, till carrots are soft. Remove & toss celery. Now I've got lots of chicken cooked and broth for myself and my toddler for soup.

With the shredded chicken, I will eat plain w uncle bens whole grain microwave rice, I add bbq sauce and put on whole wheat bun for sandwhiches, eat plain w sweet potato, add to soup to make heartier w leftover rice from day before, make cheese quesidilla (toddler likes too), us to make hubby casseroles/pot pies. I think its endless and I always find more recipes to use it in. My toddler loves soup, so we end up with meals for days. Plus, the chicken freezes well, just wrap w glad wrap in portions to use for recipes or indiv size and put in freezer bag. I take out, defrost for a minimal amt of time and eat/use.

The toddler chicken recipe is easy and she loves it. I slice one breast into 3 or 4 thin slices, roll in ranch dressing, shake in breadcrumbs and put in oven on 425 for about 20-30 minutes or until temp reads 170 (i always overcook chicken purposely..no idea why). Then I cut up into bite size and she eats her nuggets. She loves them reheated, so again its 3 days of food for her. I do the same with tilapia filets, then can cook mine unbreaded at same time.

Hope you guys can use this for your diets & households! Anyone have a favorite to share? Sorry if any mispellings!

Replies