Meatless for 2 weeks

Options
vicky1804
vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
Hi all,
I eat a generally well rounded diet, i am however thinking of going meatless for 2 weeks.

Lots of different reasons why but was wondering if anyone can give any hints, tips or recipes they enjoy.
Can include anything except actual meat.

Thanks
Vicky

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Perhaps near Christmas is not a good Time?

However by meatless are you also excluding fish? Or just mammals & poultry?

I am not vegetarian, but do have meat free days, it just happens that way

The Linda McCartney range is good start point. I find Qourn makes me vomit so never eat it

if you include fish then the world is your oyster :happy:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    can i ask why you are doing it? and where will you get your protein from while you are meat free?
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegetarian, but I do have meat-free days. Like farway, it just happens that way sometimes.

I do like some of the Quorn things though - the Lemon & Black Pepper escalope, and the peppered steak. I also really like the Tesco Meat-free range, especially the Lincolnshire Sausage and the cheese and spring onion bakes :smile:
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    can i ask why you are doing it? and where will you get your protein from while you are meat free?

beans and pulses perhaps? eating flesh is not the only source of protein
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

Think they were just asking what their plan was- not saying you can't get protein!!

I eat a lot of quorn and eggs. Quinoa is quite good too.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I never said flesh was the ONLY source of protein... But thanks for answering my question so politely.
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I wont be doing this till the New Year.
    I have done some research already and will be getting protein from nuts, lentil's, grains, beans, eggs etc I am also using a protein powder.
    I dont eat a lot of fish and the main meat in our house is chicken. I may use some meat free products
    d3mon4angel-Thanks for the review of the Tesco products I was looking at those yesterday.
    I do have days where I dont eat meat, like others just the it happens.

This has been something I have been thinking about for a while, I dont wish to go into all my reasons etc as dont want to cause arguments etc.

It's something I wish to try for myself.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I eat a generally well rounded diet, i am however thinking of going meatless for 2 weeks.

Lots of different reasons why but was wondering if anyone can give any hints, tips or recipes they enjoy.
    Can include anything except actual meat.

Thanks
    Vicky

I find I alternate between chicken, salmon or smoked mackerel and veggie most days during the week ... Sits me although I did put up a friend who did nothing but kvetch that I didn't serve up meat and 2 veg every day (funnily enough they haven't been invited back since!)

Linda McCartney stuff - I LOVE the Veg Country Pies, and Tesco Meat Free ranges are pretty good - those are my go-tos for my veggie days unless I am doing a veggie stir-fry.
    Poached or scrambled eggs are good alternatives for protein on those days for me ... Especially if you are not including fish as well.