The way to my heart is my stomach! HA! 12/7

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Read: http://shrinkingjeans.net/2012/09/a-healthy-heart-is-a-happy-heart/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+ShrinkingJeans+(Shrinking+Jeans)

I am putting up this article because I feel very strongly about it. I mean we all have our 'soap-box' right?!? This is mine. I wish we would all wear red to increase the awareness for heart disease! Please, try and do anything that will help increase the health of your heart physically and mentally! Believe me if you are mentally stressed guess what makes your heart beat faster the chemical releases from the anxiety!
Be aware of foods, drinks exercise and emotional health!

If you have a strong first degree family member with heart disease go to the doctor and ask what screenings and/or blood work is important to have now!

I :heart: you all and really truly hope we pay attention to our hearts and it's health!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I got my red on. Healthy heart I pledge to you to listen and care for you whole heartedly. :heart: :love:
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    My husband has Wolfe-Parkinson-White so he has a huge :heart: . In the past, he had an operation to shock his heart into a normal beat. But usually he reads fairly normal until now. He has an operation at the end of the month for his eye and I think he is stressed out on it hence the higher pressure readings. Normally, his pressure isn't too much higher than what would be normal so no doctor has ever really bothered him after he sucessfully passes all the stress tests. So, at the moment, he has to take his blood pressure readings several times a day. This is new to him so he's bought a machine since those things at the stores are blowing his mind. It's very amazing to watch this. I think the long term effects will mean a healther him. :heart:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Thankfully all my regular blood work is normal, except my cholesterol, but I'm working on that. As a medical professional, I do advise that everyone get a check up at least once a year and if you have a family history, not only get lab work done, but have an EKG as well
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: I agree, take care of ourselves, I was having chest pains a year an half ago, drove myself to urgent care, ambulance
    took me to hospital, had a angina plasticity done next morning. I'm very good now, doctor gave me the okay to exercise , I've signed up for my first 5K in the morning an can't wait, its strange, I like to Run, not in the gym, on the trail, just me an my God, and my wonderful Heart:heart::heart:
    I'll post tomorrow, I've finished already in my mind, the hard part was signing up...I can do all things with Christ:..:
  • kriskerans
    Options
    update made it past finish line, completed my first 5k:heart::heart: :smile:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Yay You!!!! Congratulations!
  • kriskerans
    Options
    Yay You!!!! Congratulations!

thank you:smile: